Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32483 - 07/13/05 08:21 PM October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
girlsToMadrid Offline

Loc: Boston
My girlfriends and I are going to Madrid in October and would like to know what bars/clubs we can go to where we might see some celebrities. Does anyone know of any popular bar/clubs?

#32484 - 07/13/05 09:00 PM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. First question is, would you know a Spanish celebrity if you saw one? hehehe... Second question is, can you afford to get into the clubs where Spanish celebrities might frequent?

I'll be in Madrid in October too! Maybe we'll have a "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" and we may have some local celebrities in attendance. smile

Have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32485 - 07/13/05 09:13 PM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
girlsToMadrid Offline

Loc: Boston
We watch foreign movies so may know "some" celebs if we see them. We are in our Mid-30's with decent careers, so hopefully we can afford the places celebrities would hang. Let us know where you will be. We should be there the second weekend in October and we do count you as a celeb smile Love the site.

#32486 - 07/13/05 09:48 PM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Regarding the next "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" stay tuned to this message board for more information sometime in mid September. Good luck with your celebrity watch! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32487 - 07/26/05 11:20 PM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
Im going to Madrid in October too. Would be interested in any and all parties.

#32488 - 07/27/05 12:08 AM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
saritisima24 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
There is one club I remember going to that my ex took me to one time specifically bc Spanish celebs frequent there. I remember it was somewhere around the Corte Ingles he works at, around the Castellana. Oh, and yes you will know celebs sometimes if you see one! All those celeb gossip shows in Spain surround them with cameras everywhere they go. Case in point: I went to pick up my sis when she came to visit me one time at the Madrid-Barajas airport, and all of a sudden, lights camera action! It was Rocio Jurado (a very famous singer in Spain). And honestly, I think that's the only "celeb" in my life I've ever gotten next to!!! How sad. But kinda cool.

Ok well I'll get back to you on that club question when I have a better answer. Bye for now!

I just thought of one other club - there is a club called Kapital, pretty big, seven floors if I remember right. Anyway, that discoteca is pretty pijo and I did see the drummer from Mana there one time (Spanish-speaking celeb anyway!)
Hope this helps.

#32489 - 07/27/05 06:49 AM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It used to be, at least in the 1980s and 1990s (and earlier), that a lot of celebs (mostly artists & writers but an occasional actor) would hang out at El Espejo (and the other one just next to it whose name escapes me now) on La Castellana but I don't know if that holds true these days. My ladyfriend in Madrid said she has seen a number of actors and writers there in the past and it was she who told me about this place being THE place to see famous people.

Saludos, MadridMan

#32490 - 07/27/05 09:10 AM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
saritisima24_dup1 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Ok the name of the club I was talking about was not as near La Castellana as I thought. It's called Serrano 41 (I just remembered it had a number in it, but that was enough to jog my memory). And now that I saw a little website about it, this is definitely it.

http://www.visualdisco.com/ipix/serrano_2ipix.htm

The metro stop is Serrano (duh).

Makes sense now that I may have seen celebrities, according to this page this place is used a lot for awards, runway shows, etc. I was never into places like this, my pijo ex would drag me to all kinds of places like this.

I would rather just hop from small bar to small bar! My funnest nights in Madrid were that way.

Hope this helps!

#32491 - 08/04/05 08:51 AM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Some of my favorite nights were in random small bars too!! Its the way to go.. laugh

#32492 - 08/04/05 11:27 AM Re: October in Madrid Places to see Celebs
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Check out Bar Cock. No, it's not a rough, heavy-duty gay bar – though it is in Chueca. It's on Calle Reina, 16, just off Gran Via and serves a mean cocktail. I've spotted a number of US and British celebrities in their over the years, including a worse-for-wear Hugh Grant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments