Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32473 - 07/08/05 08:01 PM Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah baby!!!Real Madrid will be making a rare U.S visit for two exhibition games.The first one will be played in Chicago on July 16 against Guadalajara of Mexico.The other one will be played in Los Angeles on July 18 against the Los Angeles Galaxy of the MLS.

This is all part of a world tour that will also take the team to Japan and China.Not sure about TV coverage yet, but check your local listings.There are several channels carrying professional soccer games in the U.S including ESPN DEPORTES,ESPN2,FOX SOCCER CHANNEL,FOX SPORTS WORLD EN ESPANOL,TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION and GOL TV. smile

#32474 - 07/09/05 12:18 PM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Whoohoo! Happy to say i'l be there in Chicago smile

#32475 - 07/14/05 08:14 PM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello again! smile

Just found out thru www.soccertv.com that both games will be televised LIVE here in the U.S.
The Saturday July 16 match against Guadalajara(Las Chivas)will be seen on ESPN DEPORTES(Spanish) @6:30 ET/3:30 PT.The Monday July 18 match against the LA Galaxy will be seen on FOX SOCCER CHANNEL(English)and FOX SPORTS EN ESPANOL(Spanish)@10:30ET/7:30PT.

It's nice to see Real Madrid back in the U.S.What a treat for U.S soccer fans!Ronaldo,Zidane,Beckham,Raul,Roberto Carlos,Owen,they will all be here!!! cool cool cool

#32476 - 07/26/05 09:32 PM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anyone catching these Real Madrid games in the USA?

There's an article today HERE in USAToday.com spotlighting Real Madrid's Ronaldo.

Quote:
He has four more years on his contract with Real and says one day he'd like to play in Major League Soccer. That possibility seems remote because he earns $25.3 million in salary and endorsements a year, according to figures released by France Football.

Still, he has enjoyed America since 1994, when he came to the USA as a member of the Brazilian team that won the World Cup. He also would like to emulate Pele, whose arrival in 1975 to play for the New York Cosmos transformed the sport in America as nothing else has done before or since.

"I have very fond memories of '94, even though I didn't play a minute," he says. "I've come here a couple of times on vacation. (Los Angeles) is a beautiful city. I have stayed in Santa Monica and Malibu, and I enjoy the beaches. Last year I was in New York and stayed for two weeks.

"I never saw Pele play. When he arrived here, it was a huge part of the sport growing here in the United States. That's what I want to contribute."
Quote:
Real Madrid, boasting international stars and multimillion-dollar salaries at almost every position, already has swept through Chicago and Southern California. While beating Mexican club Guadalajara and the Los Angeles Galaxy of MLS, Real acquired coveted Brazilian star Robinho for $30 million Thursday, which cast doubt on the future of striker Michael Owen.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32477 - 07/27/05 09:41 PM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes MadridMan,I did watch the games on TV and there was a large turnout of fans in both Chicago and LA.Now the MLS is returning the favor by sending an MLS all star squad to Madrid for a match against Real on Aug 23 at the Bernabeu.

About Ronaldo coming to the MLS,yes it could happen in a few years when his market value goes down and then an MLS club can afford to sign him. smile

#32478 - 07/29/05 09:55 AM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Beckham said something similar about wanting to contribute to MLS one day. My daughter is in a swoon!!!!

#32479 - 07/29/05 02:18 PM Re: Real Madrid is coming to the U.S!!!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
One of the joys about stayng some time in Madrid is you can stroll on down to your local bar at night, watch the soccer match on the tv, munch on the aperitivos with your drink, and join in the criticism of the overpaid, overrated sports stars...Until your favourite player scores a goal, of course.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments