Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32437 - 06/27/05 05:48 PM Madrid: What are the best clubs?
Heidigirl Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello all....I am FINALLY in beautiful Madrid! I have a question though...what are some of the best dance clubs (as in techno/electronica/dance) in Madrid? What are some of the typical entrance prices? I would really love to get some help on this one...so far I have only been to one disco, and it was really fun smile I just would like to have some info on some other discos.
Recommendations would be appreciated!
thank you all
Heiid

#32438 - 06/27/05 05:57 PM Re: Madrid: What are the best clubs?
MadridGirl273 Offline

Hi Heidi,

Although I´ve not been there, I have heard great things about Palacio Gaviria (palace) and Joy . I think entrance costs are usually around $15 with a drink included, unless you can find a coupon somewhere.

Someone else may be more help on this, but I will ask my roommate, a native Madrileña, as well.

Lindsey

#32439 - 06/27/05 07:04 PM Re: Madrid: What are the best clubs?
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

As MadridGirld273 says Palacio de Gaviria and Joy are two good discos, and it also depends on the type of music you like (Chill Out, Rave, Dance, House...). It's also a good idea to get fliers before going to the discos (A good place to get fliers is the International Office in the UCM). The prices vary from 6 to 25 (A drink is always included) depending on the hour, the place, private parties...

There are other places like Mondo, Coppelia, Om, Sol, etc. In Alcorcón you've got plenty of discos too (Malibú, Inn, Moëbius...).

#32440 - 07/02/05 10:21 PM Re: Madrid: What are the best clubs?
BeatleGirl518 Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
If you are in the Puerta del Sol or Plaza de Santa Ana for more than 30 seconds, you will be approached by guys (or girls) with cards for free drinks.If you want, they will take you right to the club. As long as nothing seems shady, it's not a bad idea to at least take the card and check it out. I found some fun clubs that way, and, hey, if you don't like it, you can always leave--and then get a free drink somewhere else until you find a club you like!

#32441 - 07/13/05 11:23 AM Re: Madrid: What are the best clubs?
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
One thing I noticed with the free drinks, is that they are often water-down shots. But, they can lead to a good time if a lot of people show up! Its really trial and error on where to go dancing/drinking. Like I said before, I would follow where the people are! We found some GREAT dance parties in Huetras by looking to see where the locals and other study abroad kids.
My friends and I liked to meet at a more casual bar, or the chinese shop (It has CHEAP 40's, although its really an american thing to do)next to the Hawaiian Bar and have a few drinks before we went dancing, that way we didn't have to worry about trying to get up to the bar if it was too crowded!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments