Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32357 - 05/16/05 04:33 AM Thnihgs to do in Madrid Early morning close to the airport
ctown Offline

My wife I will have a 8hr layover in Madrid 4am-12noon and we are looking for places to go close to the airport,one person suggested a park that is close by bus the has a food place[thanks], we are looking for more ideas and places that would open early around 6,7 or 8am.We would be thankful for any help

#32358 - 05/16/05 05:54 AM Re: Thnihgs to do in Madrid Early morning close to the airport
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
As I recall, Cafeterias in the airport don't open until 7:00 AM - Duty Free shops an hour or so later.

A new Hotel was under construction just across the parking lot from the International Terminal (Terminal #1). I don't know its name; but for the most part, even Hotel restaurants don't begin service before 7:00 AM.

It was I who told you about Toribio's Churreria on the Plaza in Barajas pueblo. Other than Panaderias that's probably the only thing you'll find open that early (5:00 AM). I believe the Metro Station in Barajas pueblo is the 'end of the line,' but I don't know if MetroMadrid operates all night. It's a 'hike' from Barajas Metro station to the Plaza (about 750 m). The bus terminates right on the Plaza. rolleyes

#32359 - 05/18/05 10:39 AM Re: Thnihgs to do in Madrid Early morning close to the airport
Jordi Offline

Loc: Berlin
With 8 hours at your disposal, you could really dare to go the center of Madrid and have a walk there. Barajas' only good point is that it is outside the airport.

The transfer busses arrive at Plaza Colón. Otherwise take a cab - they are not expensive at Madrid.

It would be easy to take a stroll over the Paseo, have breakfast in one of the cafés there, maybe turn right for the Gran Via or left to the Retiro park and have a good time. You might even have an hour for the Prado (opens at 10 I think).

I have done so (having lunch in the Austrian quarter and time for a stroll over Plaza Mayor) when returning from La Habana and having to wait half a day for my continuing flight to Northern Europe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2679 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments