Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32255 - 04/07/05 05:48 PM Kids: Allowed in Bars?Flamenco shows?
mindseye Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I will be traveling to spain with my wife and 2 boys, ages 15 and 12. Basically I just want to know if there are any problems in taking your kids to bars or to Flamenco shows in Madrid and in Spain in general. I know it would be shunned upon here in the states, but i figur3ee it's probably not a problem in Spain

thanks
Rey

#32256 - 04/08/05 07:01 AM Re: Kids: Allowed in Bars?Flamenco shows?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Rey writes:
Quote:
... I just want to know if there are any problems in taking your kids to bars or to Flamenco shows in Madrid and in Spain in general. I know it would be shunned upon here in the states, but i figur3ee it's probably not a problem in Spain
I think you figure wrong re. Tablaos Flamencos. Such shows usually begin around midnight and continue through the early morning hours. If you can find a theatre or concert hall that has an early show (9:00 PM) that would probably be all right; or you could go to Florida Park, a nightclub just inside the O'Donnell St. entrance to Retiro Park, for dinner and the show that includes Jotas Aragonesas as well as Sevillanas with music and dance. cool

It probably would be all right to take the boys to Merendar at some Tasca o Taverna as long as they are not served any alcohol. rolleyes

#32257 - 04/08/05 08:23 AM Re: Kids: Allowed in Bars?Flamenco shows?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Your kids will be welcome pretty much anywhere provided that they can stay awake, tolerate cigarette smoke, and be on relatively good behavior.

#32258 - 04/08/05 12:52 PM Re: Kids: Allowed in Bars?Flamenco shows?
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Your kids can go to the bars where you can buy them an ice cream, pastry or any food. They will not be allowed in dance clubs (discotecas). I think the age for entry is 16. Discotecas or clubs focus on music and alcohol (and maybe other substances).

They should have no problem with entry to a flamenco show. The shows do start "late" by U.S. standards.

I haven't been to Spain in a few years, but I do remember seeing families with their children in bars. I remember thinking how nice to not have to focus on a baby sitter, that the kids were including in the outings. Like another poster mentioned, the kids who were out with their parents were always well behaved.

Your kids are teenagers. They should do just fine! They are very fortunate kids.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments