Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32226 - 04/03/05 05:55 AM Madrid: early may museum closures (5/1-5/4)-holiday problem
travely Offline

Hi, there.

Unlike my country, labor day is a holiday in europe.
The big 3's musieum going to be closed on 5/1 in madrid.
Today I came to find there's another holiday only in madrid-5/2. So I'm little frustrated.

Hope to visit either segovia or toledo.
1. Is it too crowded?(5/1 oor 5/2)

In the website, musieums will be closed only on 5/1.
2.Will the reinasofia open on 5/2?(I've already emailed them only to no answer.)

3.Please give confused some pieces of advice about these holiday travel.(something to check out or to take care of...)

#32227 - 04/03/05 12:25 PM Re: Madrid: early may museum closures (5/1-5/4)-holiday problem
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The website for the Reina Sofia Museum is this:

http://www.museoreinasofia.es/portada/portada.php

According to a pop-up window, the museum will be closed from May 3-15th as it moves to its new installations. According to the schedule it has posted on its website, the museum is closed on the 1st of May but it doesn't say anything about the 2nd. Just the pop up saying it is closing the 3-15th. I would keep trying to contact them to see if you could squeeze in a visit on the 2nd.

As far as being crowded in Toledo or Segovia, peak tourist season here is the summer, so you are stil ahead of the game and shouldn't have too many problems (if any at all) in either of those cities.

Have a nice trip!

#32228 - 05/02/05 10:38 AM Re: Madrid: early may museum closures (5/1-5/4)-holiday problem
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Boink! Topic renewed!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2463 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments