Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32135 - 03/11/05 08:40 PM Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Hi....my daughter and I will be visiting Madrid the week before Easter. Will there be special things to see and do? Also, someone mentioned a concert on the 21st....who and where?
We have tickets to see Real Madrid on the 20th and we are really looking forward to that. Any suggestions from anyone would be welcome. We have never been to Madrid and are excited about all we've heard. thanks...vpf

#32136 - 03/12/05 05:00 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
sara_1976 Offline

Don't know if you would be interested, but there is a bullfight on March 27th at 5pm. (For more informatin, check out www.las-ventas.com ).

When does Real Madrid play on the 20th? I'm interested in going, but am picking up some visitors at the airport earlier that day. I'm afraid they might be too jetlagged for a late game... (The website only indicates that they play on the 20th... no time is given.)

#32137 - 03/12/05 07:58 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

Sara....Thanks for the info...but we've decided to pass on the bullfight and regarding the soccer game....don't know the time!!! We're operating on the hope that it's late afternoon. It seems most are around 7:00 in the evening. They say they don't know the time until 6 days before.
Also...they indicate that the game could be moved to Sat. night....so we are REALLY hoping that doesn't happen. We are due to get into Madrid at 9:30 Sunday morning....and are hoping the jetlag doesn't get the best of us. With only one week to enjoy...we can't afford to loose any time to jetlag. If you find out about any more neat events, please let me know. Thanks...VPF

#32138 - 03/13/05 03:00 AM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi VPF,

I recommend day trips to Toledo and Segovia as the best things to do when in Madrid.
As for concerts these are the ones in March:
http://www.guiadelocio.com/madrid/buscac...;mibase=/madrid

Andres

#32139 - 03/13/05 10:47 AM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

Andres`......Thanks so much for the info. This is very helpful. It seems the weather has been cool to cold in Madrid. Should we plan to pack mostly warm clothing? VPF

#32140 - 03/14/05 02:36 AM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
Andrés Offline

It was T-shirts and shorts yerterday
A

#32141 - 03/14/05 05:45 AM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
JasMadrid Offline

VPF, the soccer games timetable might change depending on which TV station broadcasts each game. I have just checked a couple of websites and it seems that the game (Real Madrid vs Malaga) will be played on Sunday, at 7pm.

#32142 - 03/14/05 08:16 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

JasMadrid....thank you soooooo much!! That really relieves my worry about the game. My daughter really wanted to see Real Madrid play so we took a gamble on the ticket purchase. I had read that the game could change and knew we wouldn't be there on Sat....so I am really pleased to hear that they have set it for Sunday!! Yea!! Go Real Madrid!! Go Beckham!!

#32143 - 03/15/05 12:10 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
How can I get four tickets to Real Madrid for the 20th of March?--online?

#32144 - 03/15/05 03:26 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
JasMadrid Offline

Marilyn, I found this website: http://www.madrid-tickets.net/ but I have never used it and I don't know what are the prizes compared to the ones bought at the stadium. Chances are that you will be able to buy tickets at the stadium the same day of the game. Real has just lost a couple of important games and people is really mad at the team.

VPF, this link http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/articulo.cfm?id=rma20878 says that the game will be played on Sunday at 19h, I don't think that will change. I'm a Real Madrid supporter but the last games haven't been any good. I hope you see a good game. Have fun.

#32145 - 03/15/05 07:48 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

Thanks for the info....we did use the madrid-tickets.net to purchase our tickets. They were pretty pricy....90E each...but my daughter really wanted to go and so we were afraid to wait and try to buy there. I hope it will be a good game. I had read some on the website and knew they weren't winning right now...and it sounded like the fans weren't very happy about that. Hopefully, the game on the 20th will be better!
It's really getting close....I'm still having a hard time picturing ME in Spain!!! Adios! VPF

#32146 - 03/16/05 12:03 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
sara_1976 Offline

For those of you who are familiar with Real Madrid...

I ordered tickets for the game on the phone... and, although my Spanish was good enough to handle the transaction, I am a bit worried about where to go to pick up the tickets. The woman on the telephone indicated that there were pick-up windows near the seating area. (At least this is what I think she said). Does anyone know if this sounds right?

Thanks!

#32147 - 03/17/05 09:37 PM Re: Madrid: Easter week entertainment?
VPF Offline

Sara, I'm a little worried about the "pick up" part too. Since I ordered online, our tickets are supposed to be delivered to the hotel. Sure do hope they are there when we arrive!!!
It is going to be soooooo much fun!!
I just can't wait!!! VPF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2436 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments