Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32112 - 02/28/05 11:04 AM sports/irish bars SALAMANCA/VALLADOLID
raquelvalenzuela Offline

Loc: London
I'm wanting to watch the Tsunami Relief charity rugby match between the northern and southern hemispheres this Saturday afternoon...but...knowing that Spain is a football country and not a rugby country...I think my only chances of catching the game will be in a sports bar or an Irish bar of some sort. I will be staying in Valladolid, but will be roadtripping to Salamanca as well so don't know exactly where I'll be on the day. But if anybody can tell me of any sports/Irish bars in either Salamanca and/or Valladolid I'd be grateful - thanks!

#32113 - 02/28/05 12:09 PM Re: sports/irish bars SALAMANCA/VALLADOLID
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Salamanca has a few... your best bet may be to try O'Neal's. Once in the Plaza, take the "exit" underneath of the clock tower... O'Neal's is a few storefronts up on the right-hand side.

#32114 - 02/28/05 07:40 PM Re: sports/irish bars SALAMANCA/VALLADOLID
crazymadridag02 Offline

Loc: Texas
Try the Irish Rover for a great time!!!! I spent many fun nights there when I lived in Salamanca. I found this online description at http://americanairlines.wcities.com/en/record/149,156734/226/record.html.

Irish Rover (The)
Irish parties and shows
Bars, Cafés & Nightlife : Nightlife : Live Music

Serranos, 9
Salamanca

Bus: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

+34 923 281074

This pub is located in the old city and surrounded by several university schools. It reminds visitors of an old theatre, with the typical boxes, a stage, large baroque bars and wooden tables with regal chairs. Its opening introduced a new way of entertainment in town. It was the first place to organize live shows every day of the week, and it has incredible parties, some of which are famous throughout Spain. The atmosphere is cosy, and you can take in a play, comedy show, cabaret, concert or traditional Irish party, with lots of beer if you want.

Disabled Access.
9.30-3am Mon-Wed; 9.30-4.30am Thu-Sat

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1884 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments