Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32097 - 02/09/05 10:30 PM New York City: Spanish restaurants
Almora Offline

Loc: New York
Meson Asturias in Queens: Food: Good, service Good, it used to have the best show with Paco Montes; unfortunately he is not longer with us...
A lot has gone with him...
Solera Restaurant,Manhattan: great service, very good food, good place to be; the best bartender!
Toledo Restaurant, Manhattan: You pay for what you get. The most beautiful place! good service and very good food. Exquisite ambiance & the finest bar!
Costa del Sol: Manhattan; The best Pulpo gallego! the best paella marinera! friendly owner; familiar place! great location! good service.
Cafe Espanol: Village- They have to watch the kitchen...

#32098 - 02/09/05 10:58 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Amora, welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

Regarding Manhattan's Toledo Restaurant, about 3 years ago (March 20, 2002) I wrote a paragraph in the long-and-detailed " USA: Good Spanish restaurants " thread:
Quote:
A couple years ago, my ladyfriend and I enjoyed a luxurious dinner at New York City's "TOLEDO" restaurant, just below the Empire State Building. WOW. We both agreed it was THE MOST EXPENSIVE meal either of us had ever had in our lives. But with chandeliers, men-in-suits, beautiful wall-woodwork and china place settings, we could see why.. PLUS, it's in NEW YORK CITY!
...to this day I've not yet had a MORE expensive dinner-for-two than that meal at Toledo Restaurant. Website: http://www.toledorestaurant.com/

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32099 - 02/09/05 11:33 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
JA Offline

Loc: usa
http://www.murphguide.com/tapas.htm (NYC)

Good listing, but no comments.

JA

#32100 - 02/12/05 05:29 AM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
sincopated Offline

Another great Spanish restaurant in Manhattan is called La Nacional - it's the Spanish benevolent society, so they have concerts, meetings, etc, but they also have a bar and restaurant that is one of my FAVORITE places to go. It's on 14th street between 7th and 8th I think. You can google "La Nacional" and "New York City" and it'll probably show up. Kind of nondescript, not too expensive (raciones are $5-10 each) and DELICIOUS food. I recommend the pulpo gallego, champiniones, calamares and their paella is also great.

Another, more upscale Spanish place that isn't pure Spanish but great nonetheless is called Casa Mono. I think it's co-owned my Mario Battali. It's on Irving Place and 17th street - call ahead for reservations. Great ambiance, good waitstaff, great food, probably $25-30 a head w/ a decent bottle of wine.

#32101 - 02/12/05 11:47 AM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
shh! don't tell too many people about La Nacional wink ...it is a real find and we do not want the masses going and spoiling the authentic atmosphere. MadridMan, when you come to NY...let us all have a get together there...you would love it!
smile saludos,
Esperanza

#32102 - 02/12/05 02:55 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
sincopated Offline

I know -- I hesitated listing La Nacional, but I figured if the NY Times did a piece on it about a year ago, that's a few thousand people right there -- I think it's still relatively unknown smile

#32103 - 02/12/05 09:57 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
There's an excellent Spanish restaurant near where I live, EL POTE, on Second Avenue between 38th & 39th Streets. Good food & reasonable prices. Very popular in my neighborhood with a nice crowd every evening. Also open for lunch on weekdays.

#32104 - 02/13/05 01:46 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
JoeSambuca Offline

I think the best I've been to is Solera on E53rd Street across the street from the Lipstick building but the only problem is it's mucho dinero.
The worst Xunta, it's trash.

#32105 - 02/13/05 03:33 PM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
jlramos Offline

Loc: New York NY EEUU
PINTXOS in Tribeca is very, very good. The owner/chef is from Navarra.

#32106 - 02/14/05 10:39 AM Re: New York City: Spanish restaurants
JoeSambuca Offline

Hey JA!
I know the owner of Murpguide.
He's pretty current for all NYC bar info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments