Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32046 - 01/24/05 05:34 PM Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
larap83 Offline

Loc: England
does anyone know about tours of the Bernabau? I'm taking my boyfriend to Madrid on 11th February, I've been searching the internet for months but can't find out if they even do tours! It's not a home match that weekend. Also I thought Real have training sessions which are open to public viewing, does anyone know anything about these? Hope someone can help me!

#32047 - 01/25/05 08:30 AM Re: Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
blueterrier Offline

Last season it was 9 euro to visit the stadium, get your tickets from the ticket office on Concha espina gate 42, the tour takes you into the stadium, up in one of the lifts to one of the high tiers for a spectacular view then down again to ground level, walk around the pitch into the changing rooms then into the directors area in the main stand, then into the trophy room and finally the shop. Have a look at the club shop in the shopping centre next door to the ground first as this is where they usually sell off end of line/season shirts, t-shirts etc and sometimes you can pick up a bargain, as opposed to Area 51 in town where everything is expensive.

#32048 - 01/25/05 09:19 AM Re: Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Questions: Is the tour guided? If guided, is there a tour in English or only in Spanish? How long does the tour take? Are details of this tour listed on the Real Madrid website?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32049 - 01/26/05 08:38 AM Re: Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
blueterrier Offline

There is no guided tour as such, you just pootle around on your todd, BE WARNED do not venture onto the pitch as you will get chucked out. Its taken them long enough to sort out a proper stadium visit but we'll just have to wait a bit longer for a guided tour to be sorted smile its still an awesome place to visit though!

#32050 - 01/26/05 08:42 AM Re: Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My goodness! eek 9 Euros to just pootle around on your todd??? Hahahaa... From my calculations, that's about 1.5 Euros per pootle. wink I think my todd is worth more than that and better spent doing other things.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32051 - 01/26/05 04:44 PM Re: Madrid: tours of Santiago Bernabau stadium?
larap83 Offline

Loc: England
many thanks blueterrier, you have told me much more than my Lonely Planet guidebook! smile will report back after the trip. Shame the tour is not guided like the one at the Nou Camp (which is highly recommended if anyone is going to that other Spanish city!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments