Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31845 - 11/23/04 07:00 AM Madrid: filipino restaurants?
raquelvalenzuela Offline

Loc: London
Hola, do any locals know if there are any Filipino restaurants in Madrid? Thanks!

#31846 - 11/23/04 08:00 AM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Sulu, Paseo de la Castellana 172. A classic.

#31847 - 11/23/04 10:50 AM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
The Sulu, now that brings back memories.

When I lived in Madrid 1977-1980 the Sulu was a very fine Japanese/Oriental restaurant. Since then I've been back to visit it, I even have a relative of my wife's who retired from there, it seems a little run down. I didn't know they are now a Filippino restaurant now.

Raquel, Filippino ka?

My wife is from the philippines. You'll find a lot of countrymen who live in Spain. That's where I met, and married, my wife. Have a good time there.

#31848 - 11/25/04 10:47 AM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
raquelvalenzuela Offline

Loc: London
GP: Soy Australiana, pero mi madre es medio Filipina medio Espanola. In the case of most Filipinos - practically all of us have Spanish in our blood somewhere! I didn't realise there'd be a lot of Filipinos in Spain...Is there a big community over there?

#31849 - 11/27/04 12:05 PM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

raquelvalenzuela,

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've been over there a couple of times during Philippine Independence day, and there are hundreds of Filippinos who attend. Yes, there has been a large Philippino community ever since, and probably before, I lived there from 1977-1980.

Back then they were primarily house maids, but now Philippino's own businesses and have quite a variety of occupations, albeit not very many are professionals. I always feel at home in Madrid because of the large Philippino community.

#31850 - 12/07/04 04:45 PM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Hi,

What a great combination; Spanish and Filipino! smile I can't think of two more lively and fun groups of people! Plus, Filipino food is to *DIE* for.

Got Adobo? laugh

andrew

#31851 - 12/08/04 10:32 AM Re: Madrid: filipino restaurants?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Megia,

Menudo and fried rice. Plain fried, day old rice, just fried with garlic. Dang!! laugh

Also Nilaga, with patis, bugoong and tomato with rice, lumpia, arroz caldo, tilapia......pinukbit....keep it coming. All of this has made one gordo americano out of me. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2396 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments