Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31787 - 11/07/04 11:03 PM Madrid bullfight schedule
lynda w Offline

Loc: Chicago
I will be in Madrid the weekend before Easter. I would like to see a bullfight on Sunday, March 20th. I can't find the information, (at least not in English)about a bullfight on that date. How soon in advance do I need to buy tickets? If there is no bullfight or if I can't get tickets on that date I will schedule my time in Madrid later in the week. Any help would be appreciated.

Lynda

#31788 - 11/07/04 11:56 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There will be a corrida somewhere in or around Madrid that weekend, that you can count on. The schedule is probably not set at this time. Check these sites. Portal Taurino or Las Ventas .

When you arrive in Madrid, walk up C/Victoria where all the reventas are and there will be posters for all the upcoming corridas (with tickets for sale). Don't forget to have a beer and a tapa at La Zapateria!

Another place is Restaurante Viña P, on the north side of Plaza Santa Ana. They have posters of all the latest corridas and "espárragos a la plancha con ali oli" to die for!

#31789 - 11/08/04 10:15 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
lynda w Offline

Loc: Chicago
It seems strange that the dates are not set months in advance. I am thinking in terms of baseball games or football games, where a schedule for the entire season is set. Obviously this is not the case. Are you telling me that I won't have any problems getting tickets the day before the bullfight?

#31790 - 11/08/04 10:52 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Matadors are independent contractors. There are many variables involved. Read Hemingway's "Death in the Afternoon" or the chapter on the bulls in James Michener's "Iberia" for a primer.

That early in the year, IF there is a corrida, you will have no trouble getting tickets. Check with the reventas the day before. It is worth the 10% to be sure and to avoid waiting in line.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1731 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments