Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31787 - 11/07/04 11:03 PM Madrid bullfight schedule
lynda w Offline

Loc: Chicago
I will be in Madrid the weekend before Easter. I would like to see a bullfight on Sunday, March 20th. I can't find the information, (at least not in English)about a bullfight on that date. How soon in advance do I need to buy tickets? If there is no bullfight or if I can't get tickets on that date I will schedule my time in Madrid later in the week. Any help would be appreciated.

Lynda

#31788 - 11/07/04 11:56 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There will be a corrida somewhere in or around Madrid that weekend, that you can count on. The schedule is probably not set at this time. Check these sites. Portal Taurino or Las Ventas .

When you arrive in Madrid, walk up C/Victoria where all the reventas are and there will be posters for all the upcoming corridas (with tickets for sale). Don't forget to have a beer and a tapa at La Zapateria!

Another place is Restaurante Viña P, on the north side of Plaza Santa Ana. They have posters of all the latest corridas and "espárragos a la plancha con ali oli" to die for!

#31789 - 11/08/04 10:15 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
lynda w Offline

Loc: Chicago
It seems strange that the dates are not set months in advance. I am thinking in terms of baseball games or football games, where a schedule for the entire season is set. Obviously this is not the case. Are you telling me that I won't have any problems getting tickets the day before the bullfight?

#31790 - 11/08/04 10:52 PM Re: Madrid bullfight schedule
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Matadors are independent contractors. There are many variables involved. Read Hemingway's "Death in the Afternoon" or the chapter on the bulls in James Michener's "Iberia" for a primer.

That early in the year, IF there is a corrida, you will have no trouble getting tickets. Check with the reventas the day before. It is worth the 10% to be sure and to avoid waiting in line.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments