Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31676 - 09/23/04 10:03 AM Barcelona Opera
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello all!
I did a search about the Barcelona Opera (Teatro Liceu) on this forum but no luck. I want to go to Barcelona in December and go to the Opera on occasion of a friendīs birthday.
Any opera lovers out there who can help me? How far in advance should you get the tickets? Can you buy them over the internet?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Muchas Gracias!
Saludos,
la calma

#31677 - 09/23/04 12:59 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Believe it or not, MadridMan loves opera (and I make a tasty quiche too, by the way. NO JOKES, PLEASE!) and I too would be intersted to know more about Barcelona's Gran Teatre del Liceu. (web: http://www.liceubarcelona.com/ - English version available). From their website, it seems you can buy them online through ServiCaixa.com - what it seems to be something like USA's TicketMaster mad .

Here's some info about it from the the Opera site:

International bookings

By phone

International 10 am. to 10 pm
34 93 274 64 11

By fax, e-mail or mail

Please indicate the title of the work, date, number of tickets and selected area of the Theatre, name and contact phone number of applicant, and number and expiry date of credit card. Bookings are subject to availability.

Gran Teatre del Liceu
Box office

La Rambla, 51-59
08002 Barcelona
Tel. 93 485 99 13
Fax. 93 485 99 28
tiquet@liceubarcelona.com

Last-minute discounts
When performances are not sold out, young people under 26, students and those aged 65 or over (documentary proof required) can purchase up to 2 tickets on the day of the performance, 2 hours before the curtain goes up, at a 30% discount.
--------
Hope you get to go! Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31678 - 09/23/04 10:07 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
la calma Offline

Hola, MM!

Thanks a lot! Their website looks great. You can even see the stage view form your selected seats - awesome!
Anyway, as soon as I get my holidays confirmed, Iīll get the tickets. Iīll let you know, how it was (Itīs going to be Rigoletto).

Muchas Gracias!
From Prussia with Love,
la calma

P.S.: ...I would not say no to a piece of quiche wink

#31679 - 09/26/04 06:38 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I am soooooooooo envious of you La Calma. Im a diehard opera fan and I wish I could go to that performance. Rigoletto is one of my favorite operas. It's definately one of Verdi's greatest. My wife and I will be attending several performances here in Los Angeles. We'll be seeing Carmen & La Boheme this year in Nov. & Dec. and Aida and Der Rosenkavalier in Feb and June of '05.

Wishing you a great time at the Gran Teatre del Liceu. Nothing beats a night at the opera! wink

#31680 - 09/27/04 05:08 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
la calma Offline

Thank you, Osomajor for your excitement - it is always nice to hear from fellow opera aficionados! I am a big Verdi fan, too (I do not like Wagner too much), and Straussīs Rosenkavalier is one of my favourites.
I do envy you, that you can visit the LA Opera wink - I was in California years ago, even in Anaheim (actually I stayed in hospital for a few hours because of food poisoning), but I never made it to the opera there. A real shame.
Iīve got my holiday for December confirmed, so the next thing to do is to book the flights (www.easyjet.com is a good address for getting around by plane in Europe on a budget, by the way) and brush up my Spanish!

From Prussia with Love,
la calma

#31681 - 10/05/04 12:12 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
la calma Offline

Hello again!
I have been desperately trying to get tickets for the Barcelona Opera, but can you believe it, they are already sold out for the december performances!!!
It seems that everyone rushes to get tickets for the new season as soon as it opens in late summer. Ay! Que pena!
I meant to go there for a special birthday celebration of a friend of mine and now we are not sure, whether it would be wise to go at all.
Should we take the risk and try to get tickets on the evening of the performance? Surely there must be SOME cancellations, if people order their tickets THAT early. At least I hope so.
But what is true for the Berlin Opera houses (all three of them), namely that it is usually no problem to get tickets for even sold out performances, must not necessarily be true for the Teatro del Liceu.

Has anyone done this before? What are the odds for last minute tickets? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Muchas Gracias!
Saludos,
la calma

#31682 - 10/05/04 12:25 PM Re: Barcelona Opera
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I'm afraid I can't help you as far as any knowledge on last minute tickets - but I do know that Barcelona has traditionally been a huge fan of opera. Trivia bits of knowledge - in Gaudi's time, it was almost sacra-religious to the residents of Barca to even consider allowing a performance of anything other than Wagner's work at the opera house ....

Perhaps some of the board members living in Barcelona can help here ....

#31683 - 10/20/04 09:15 AM Re: Barcelona Opera
la calma Offline

Dear Puna,

thank you for sharing this infromation with me! We did not want to risk being without tickets and looked around, whatīs on otherwise. Now we got tickets for Handelīs Messiah at the Palau de la Musica which is just as great.
Iīll let you all know, how it was...
From Prussia with Love,
la calma

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2456 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments