Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31578 - 08/28/04 09:40 AM Is Etorki a Basque cheese?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I went to my supermercado yesterday and beside the manchego cheese is a new cheese called Etorki from the Pyrennes, but it did not say whether it was from Basque France or Pais Vasco.

Does anyone know about this cheese? Please?

Saludos,
Carmen

#31579 - 08/28/04 10:09 AM Re: Is Etorki a Basque cheese?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Interesting! It didn't say something like "Product of France" or "Product of Spain"?? I think they must put this on the packaging and this would be your answer. You could also do a GOOGLE search and you'd likely find your answer there too.

When they sell tetilla cheese from Galicia let me know. Mmmmmmm....

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31580 - 08/28/04 02:00 PM Re: Is Etorki a Basque cheese?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
You know, Madridman, I believe it may have, but since I did not have my glasses on, anything small is unreadable to me!!! eek It could be French Basque cheese. But to me it sounds Basque. I will do a search. I was hoping Calibasco would let me know! laugh

The only place I have seen tetilla cheese is in Sedanos Supermarket in Miami. I will look at La Tienda to see if they carry it.

Have you been noticing that more and mopre people are discovering Spanish foods and products. My Wall Mart just brought Maja talcum powder. Our local Ross Store had Heno de Pravia soaps. My Publix supermarket has Serrano Ham, Cantimplano and chorizos Palacios. And the ABC liquor store now has vinos from Rias Baixas in addition to Riojas. If only Times-Warner would bring TVEi! rolleyes All these little things help in addition to this Board in remembering España!!!

Saludos,
Carmen

#31581 - 08/28/04 10:35 PM Re: Is Etorki a Basque cheese?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't know it either, but I am by no means an expert in cheese.

Here is a reference, in the fourth paragraph

Here, it\'s listed as a Basque cheese. As members of a divided country, we don't make much difference between nortn and south border to speak of french-basque or spanish-basque. It's either basque or it isn't. smile The name is basque, of course.

And here there is more detailed info.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2584 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments