Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#31494 - 08/16/04 01:49 PM Re: Food Poisoning
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
Andres wrote:
Quote:

2) ONLY EAT AT PLACES THAT ARE ALWAYS PACKED WITH HAPPY CUSTOMERS

I have subcribed to this rule and I have never had food poisoning in my travels.

Even in the Andes, where the restaurants were a tents covered with llama skins!

#31495 - 08/16/04 04:23 PM Re: Food Poisoning
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
One can get sick for eating raw meat? Or is it only with bacon? I mean, besides of bacterian infection.

Ignacio-

Unfortunately, I am walking testimony and response to your question. Yes, you can get ill...quite ill.

Since the bacon incident...I know longer eat it. As to meat, I used to eat raw hamburger...not any more. It's not worth the aggrevation...and believe me...the aggrevation and illness is not worth it.

As to mayonaise...anything can go bad if left out of the refrigerator too long.

Sheryl

#31496 - 08/16/04 09:45 PM Re: Food Poisoning
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Interesting article from the University of North Dakota agricultural information department about Mayonnaise. If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe them?

Mayonnaise Article

#31497 - 08/17/04 01:47 AM Re: Food Poisoning
Anonymous
Unregistered

In case you are answering me, which I am not sure of, what's your point? I quickly went through the article you posted, and it proves something we both agree, that mayonaisse previously contamined, in hot temperatures, is terribly dangerous.

What I say is that mayonaisse not contamined (good hygienic conditions) preserved in a cold environment is not dangerous even if you keep it in the fridge for almost a week.

#31498 - 08/17/04 04:55 AM Re: Food Poisoning
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Maybe MM can start to test prospective members so we don't have repeats of Tony and Pauly? eek Hmmm, notice that BOTH their board names END in "y!" Coincidence? Or correlation?! wink (My apologies to any board member in good standing whose board name ends in "y")! Maybe there is a niche market for all those poor souls who have been kicked off boards, a kind of "Welcome to H*LL" board?

Regarding the current topic, it occurs to me that people like Tony and Pauly are the web equivalent of salmonella in the egg salad! laugh

#31499 - 08/17/04 05:05 AM Re: Food Poisoning
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I applaude Fernando's post and would ad another pointer of my own.

Always find out if the place you're visiting doesn't get its fresh fish supply a certain day of the week (just like Madrid's market, Mercamadrid, doesn't get it on Mondays), and avoid eating it until the next day.

#31500 - 08/30/04 12:54 AM Re: Food Poisoning
OWL Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I'm getting a stomach ache just reading this! smile smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1839 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments