Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31349 - 05/26/04 02:29 AM For Chicago: New Tapas Concept?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In case I haven't mention, I'm in the process of opening a "tapas" bar in Chicago. I would like to know of any "NEW" concepts/ideas that some of the new or existing tapas restaurants are doing. I won't be able to go to Spain until late next month or July and I'm just doing some research beforehand. I all creative ideas would be "greatly appreciated". Gracias

#31350 - 05/26/04 07:48 AM Re: For Chicago: New Tapas Concept?
Anitayole Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi suavechicago,

I have posted another reply to u by the way, the one where u looking for a Spanish Chef.
Ok ideas!!! Right!!! When I was living in Scotland, they opened up a Spanish tapas bar, (it is now a franchise) called "LA Tasca".

www.latasca.co.uk

Ok, I have been to the ones of Glasgow and Edinburgh, and they ARE FANTASTIC!!!! everything!! decoration, music background, food, atmosphere, the people they employed. Im telling ya, it was full everytime I went, packed more likely!!!

If u want to know details, on the decor, the staff, and the style jsut ask me. I know all about it.
In terms of food, they did it really well cause they never did full plates, it was all tapas. IT is restaurant but very spanish, wood, acndles, etc, and also a little bar (opened plan) where u have drinks 8sangria, wine,etc)and tiny tapas whilst u were waiting for ure table.
i tell u is worth to have a look at it. Cause it has been a total success in Scotland this place. And it may well work in USA (this place was always full of americans)
Anwyay, have a look in the web site, but if u want more info, jsut ask me.

Ana laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments