Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31335 - 05/24/04 09:24 PM ana belen
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Anybody have some good ideas on finding concert information for ana belen either in usa or spain. Thanks. PS I will be in Spain late September or early October

#31336 - 05/24/04 10:14 PM Re: ana belen
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Doesn't look like there's a concert tour scheduled (or any concerts for that matter) on her official website @ http://www.anabelen.es/ nor on the "Fan Site" @ http://anabelen.iespana.es/anabelen/ (which only has 2003 information) . Sorry! Hey, she was born in Lavapies neighborhood! (in Madrid)

By the way, her new(est) single (from her now 3-year-old CD by the same name) "Peces de Ciudad" is haunting. Watch the video (in that nasty QuickTime Video format) on her website HERE and listen to a clip and see lyrics for the same song HERE . I was surprised (but not much) to now see the Lyrics and Music for this song is by Joaquín Sabina!! eek

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31337 - 05/24/04 11:15 PM Re: ana belen
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I wonder if the new (old) Ana Belen single written by Joaquin Sabina is part of the new compilation CD of women singing Sabina? It was all over the stores when I was there. I plan on picking it up from my favorite street vendor in September!

Hey MadridMan-have you ever heard Sabina's "Yo Me Bajo en Atocha"? It's a love song to Madrid, full of beautiful images. It is best done on the live CD, "Nos Sobran los Motivos".

#31338 - 05/25/04 05:36 AM Re: ana belen
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ana Belen is over 50 (NOT that there's ANYTHING wrong with that!) so I don't think she gives as many concerts as she once did.

Mongo wrote:
Quote:
Hey MadridMan-have you ever heard Sabina's "Yo Me Bajo en Atocha"? It's a love song to Madrid, full of beautiful images. It is best done on the live CD, "Nos Sobran los Motivos".
No. Well... I don't think I've heard it. Hmmm.. I'll have to looking for a sound clip on that one. Maybe while I was there it was on the radio.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31339 - 05/30/04 10:57 PM Re: ana belen
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Thanks for the info and links on Ana Belen. And hey...I am over 50 (not by much) and I still want to see her in concert.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments