Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31208 - 03/31/04 03:39 AM Music in Madrid Discos (Nightclubs)
Wonderbread J Offline

Loc: United States
I am a student from the US with a huge desire to spend a year in Spain. I am very interested in the Language, food, and overall culture of Spain. Music is a large part of my life and I am excited to hear some of the european techno and house sounds in the clubs that we don't hear on a regular basis in the United States.
However, I was raised in Washington, DC area and am quite accustommed to my urban-R&B and Hip-Hop when I go clubbing. Although I am planning on emersing myself in the "mainstream" Madrid Club Music, are there also places that I can occasionally go for african-American style hip-hop and R&B for nights when I'm homesick. One of my friends who have been to Europe (not Spain though) told me "the people he ran into did not have a liking of American Rap?" Can anyone give me some insight on this question. I would appreciate your imput!

#31209 - 04/02/04 04:40 PM Re: Music in Madrid Discos (Nightclubs)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I'm not an expert in music but I would say rap, R&B, hip-hop is not very popular here in Spain. However, you will find a few places with this kind of music. There is one at Barquillo, 29 in the Chueca area called [I]Kingston's[I].

#31210 - 04/02/04 05:37 PM Re: Music in Madrid Discos (Nightclubs)
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Europeans have a type of "rap" that is inherent to them. Not much like American Rap...but, remember, American "rap" grew out of the African American inner city culture.

The music of the European disco is much like the music you hear in an American disco...just not much "rap".

Also, as for the Spanaird...they love to dance. It isn't easy to dance to "rap"...is it?

Sheryl

#31211 - 04/04/04 06:36 PM Re: Music in Madrid Discos (Nightclubs)
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
There are places where rap is played in madrid. Bash, Kapital (top floor) an incredible club with 7 stories.Pacha has rap upstairs.Joy (mix of top 40 salsa and rap). In barcelona otto zutz(2nd floor) is good P. diddy had an afterparty there last year. Jamboree in barcelona is also good. In sevilla, Boss an Catedral are good for rap.I am sure there are many more places.

#31212 - 04/04/04 06:38 PM Re: Music in Madrid Discos (Nightclubs)
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I forgot one other place. Velada which is close to Kapital.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments