Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#31193 - 03/27/04 01:35 AM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Peter San Diego Offline

Loc: San Marcos, near San Diego , C...
Hi Madrid Man

Yes, Joaquin's place is the one on the right, under the colored wall. It is cozy, but outside, it was large enough for about 25 of us to get together comfortably, all seated at white table cloth tables on the terraza. It should be large enough, and could be made larger if needed, I am sure. Since you will be there early, talk it over with Joaquin, and I am sure he will accommodate you perfectly.

Sure wish I could be there!!

#31194 - 03/27/04 01:15 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again, Peter San Diego! Thanks for the information. So the terraza to which you're referring is NOT the one in the LEFT photo above? That's to the adjacent bar?? confused So Joaquin sets up the terraza between the front door and the street? I guess we could always "spill over" to the other terraza if we have more than 25-or-so (which is quite possible).

Anyone else have suggestions? GoMadrid's (and others) suggestion of the terraza of Las Bravas in Huertas sounds intriguing too and would of course be close to many many other bars in Huertas.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31195 - 03/27/04 01:53 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
There is also la Plaza de la Cebada (I´m pretty sure that´s what it´s called) which is not too far from Sol. It chock full of terrazas and bars. I am not too familiar with the names of any specific restaurants...perhaps Nativo or Torrales can help out here. Seating there should be more than plenty.

#31196 - 03/27/04 02:29 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Peter San Diego Offline

Loc: San Marcos, near San Diego , C...
Hi Madrid Man,
Just logged on. Yes, you are right, Joaquin's place is JUST the one on the right. Although, you are right in that you could spill over, or he could set up two rows of tables. It is a nice spot to people watch and although the terraza is not huge, it can hold quite a few, if arranged right.

Go by there when you are there, and talk it over with him, I am sure he will work it out, AND might even be able to work out a deal to use the neighbors terraza if your party is THAT big.

(Great central location, great tapas. Add Joaquin to the mix, and it will be a memorable evening for sure!).

#31197 - 03/27/04 11:01 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
To go back to where we began, there is a place called "La Oficina" on the next block over from Hotel Europa on Preciados 10 that is almost a carbon copy of the terraza of the Europa. It doesn't quite have the traffic of it but is just as central, just across from El Corte Ingles.

#31198 - 03/28/04 07:57 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you over 18 tho ;-)

OK

#31199 - 03/31/04 02:17 PM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
goshawk Offline

Loc: Mauk GA
My wife and I are going to be in Madrid on the 16th so count us in for the party with Mardid Man! I'm leaving this Saturday to London and will be in Mardid by april 7th. If it has not been decieded as to where the party is going to be held by Saturday, I'll search around for a internet cafe to keep track.

See you in Madrid!

Pat Newberry
www.gypsyfarm.com

#31200 - 04/01/04 05:38 AM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
If the weather is fine I would vote for one of the big squares:

Plaza de Chueca
Plaza de Santa Ana
Plaza Mayor
Plaza de la Paja

Sth big that would be able to accommodate all the people joining and beautiful and atmospheric at the same time. Antonio, do you agree?

Andres

#31201 - 04/01/04 09:28 AM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
martinmadrid Offline

Loc: London, UK
what about Plaza de Oriente? It's a spectacular setting and I know the people who run the Alabadero bar and restaurant. They have a terrace area just off c/Felipe V which is less crowded than the one in front of the Cafe de Oriente.

#31202 - 04/01/04 09:50 AM Re: Madrid: Where to hold next "Party with MadridMan"?!
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I've been missing in action for a while and though I've missed every MadridMan party in the past, I hope I can make this one. Now let's see. Plaza Oriente, while beautiful, is expensive. Plaza Mayor is a rip off, especially if people are gouing to order tapas. If it's just raucous drinking, go there by all means. It will be near impossible to get lots of seats on Plaza Chueca - and there's no food.Plaza Santa Ana is a better bet (not just because I live there!). Again, it's expensive if people want to eat. I'd recommend the Vinoteca on the corner of Calle Prado.
Another good spot is Plaza San Andres (the big one in La Latina in the shadow of San Isidro's house and the church). The bar is called San Andres, does a good variety of food, is not as expensive as other terrazas and if there's space available, gets my vote.
Space might be a problem, in which case it might be better to reserve a spot. I can do that but only around Santa Ana, where they know me. See you all soon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2428 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments