Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31133 - 03/14/04 05:50 PM Madrid: Invitation to Play CRICKET!!!
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Cricket in Madrid?!!

Yes, sir! We are a group of Spaniards, Indians, British, Aussies, and Americans who play cricket on the weekends (including matches) for both sport and camaraderie. We are looking to expand membership in the Madrid Cricket Club. We are particularly encouraging folks who have never played the game.

As the sole American in the club, and one who just joined, I can tell you the game is a blast. For those of you here in Spain for a semester, especially all of you ex-beisbolistas and ex-softbolistas, here is a great way to learn a sport whose popularity is soaring in the US.

For more info, check out the following link
http://cricketinmadrid.com/

Come join us!!
A

#31134 - 03/15/04 07:24 AM Re: Madrid: Invitation to Play CRICKET!!!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Thanks for the invitation. As another North American who enjoys wathching (only tried to bat and bowl a couple times), I hope the MCC gets its webiste updated soon so that non-players can come watch. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get out and play, but wish this effort every success. Our son is at a British school in Madrid, do you know if the MCC does any outreach to these schools so that they get exposure to this element of British culture?

#31135 - 03/15/04 07:53 PM Re: Madrid: Invitation to Play CRICKET!!!
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
HI Chris, well we just had the annual meeting and there is an expressed desire to increase participation in the junior program. Contact MCC and ask for Claire (sp?). She is in charge of the junior program. I know for sure junior players receive substantial discounts on membership.

Hope to see you out there!!
A

#31136 - 03/19/04 01:54 PM Re: Madrid: Invitation to Play CRICKET!!!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Just saw this post and checked the web site. Are the dates they list the only times you meet or is there practice as well.

Either way I'm interested.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments