Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#31101 - 01/16/05 01:02 PM Re: MADRID: Can't miss places or things to eat?
weekendaway Offline

Loc: Bristol
Hi, 4 days to go before 13 of us arrive in Madrid and having read the reviews on this topic I can't wait! Madrid Man and others - I hope there isn't a closed season for these places - would be heartbroken if we couldn't visit at least a few of them ..... You mention booking at L'Hardys, not likely to go there, but would we have to elsewhere on a Saturday night for that number of people? Also, though all the seafood sounds fabulous, what would you say is your favourite bite for what might be a chilly night?

#31102 - 10/12/05 10:53 PM Re: MADRID: Can't miss places or things to eat?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Try Tres Encinas (near Callao) as Booklady mentioned. I showed up there (without reservations) with a group of a dozen or so on a Saturday night in September 2003 and we were very pleased. All the "mariscos", appetizers, wine, dessert, coffee and licores you could possibly want for 60 euros per person. There were shellfish from the smallest gambas up to lobsters.

#84309 - 04/27/09 04:11 AM Re: MADRID: Can't miss places or things to eat? [Re: Mongo]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I did Tres Encinas again several weeks ago (March 2009) and would probably rethink my recommendation. The food was good with the exception of a cold spot in the txangurro, but the food and service doesn't really justify the price (56 euros per person for the parrillada de mariscos ala plancha). My friend commented that the service made him "feel like he was in Barcelona". His biggest complaint was the lack of licores after the meal. Try Portobello instead

#84434 - 05/18/09 12:53 PM Re: MADRID: Can't miss places or things to eat? [Re: Ernesto]
jaytuk Offline

El Abuelo is a place that I've ate at before. Pretty good food.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2713 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments