Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31066 - 03/02/04 09:07 AM Real Madrid
kate burnham Offline

Loc: madrid
Hello Everyone!

I know you can arrange a tour of the Santiago Bernabea stadium in Madrid, and I know where it is as I work close by, I also know you can go and see the team train for as little as 6 euros in the ciudad deportiva training ground, but can anybody, PLEASE tell me where it is/how to get there or an address??? i have visitors coming and they want to go!

#31067 - 03/05/04 05:51 AM Re: Real Madrid
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Hi Kate,

I'm pretty sure I know where it is and how to get there by car, but I'm not sure of it's closest metro. If you take the main road paseo de castellano from the stadium and follow it north, you will pass under plaza de castellano (the two towers which angle towards each other) then keep going in the direction of Burgos and it is there on the left just before you reach the M30. If you have a road map, the road Montforte de Lemos marks one other side of it.

I think the nearest tube is Begoña but not 100% The other thing is they don't always train there so try and make sure first.

As I said though I'm only 90% sure of this so if anyone else can confirm it or not it would be wise. Anyway, hope I've pointed you in the right direction.

#31068 - 03/05/04 06:28 AM Re: Real Madrid
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, the nearest metro station is Begoña as Jamongris pointed out but...

Those training grounds have been sold to Madrid Municipality and Region (a very complex operation) and four skyscrapers are going to be built there. The works have already started and the main Real Madrid team (i.e. the 'galácticos') no longer train there. If I recall well, since the beginning of this year, they train at the grounds of the Spanish Federation at Las Rozas.

The only remaining building in the old grounds at Paseo de la Castellana (not paseo de castellano smile ), is the Raimundo Saporta Pavillion, where the Real Madrid basketball team play, and they are waiting for them to end the season in May-June to demolish it.

#31069 - 03/05/04 07:15 AM Re: Real Madrid
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
If the training ground is at las Rozas, then it is very simple to get there by train from Atocha or Principe Pio. Catch a C10 train (every half an hour), and you should arrive within 20 minutes. the cost of the ticket is about €1.10 - the zone being B2.

Marko.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#31070 - 03/05/04 10:49 AM Re: Real Madrid
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Confirmed. They train at Ciudad del Fútbol Español (offices and grounds owned by the Spanish Federation) in Las Rozas. Their next training will be held on Sunday at 11:30 am (data taken from http://www.realmadrid.com ).

The address of this Ciudad del Fútbol is:

c/Ramón y Cajal s/n
28230 Las Rozas (Madrid)

The closest train station is Pinar de las Rozas (the next to Las Rozas itself going from Madrid), but it is not very near the grounds. For those who knows the area, Ciudad del Fútbol is located besides the M-50, at its end, near some outlets like Factory, Las Rozas Village, etc.

I suggest the OP to contact Real Madrid through their Website, asking them about the best mean of transport to attend one of their trainings.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments