Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31050 - 03/04/04 11:53 AM Madrid: Bullfights in May
neverintown Offline

I will be in Madrid May 5-11 which I understand is during the Feria de San Isidro. I'd like to get bullfighting tickets during this time. How can I book in advance?

Thanks.

#31051 - 03/04/04 04:56 PM Re: Madrid: Bullfights in May
loribella Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I too will be in Italy at that time, but am getting over to Spain and would love to get tickets. Please also let me know. Thank you.

#31052 - 03/04/04 05:16 PM Re: Madrid: Bullfights in May
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You could both try www.TicketsToros.com but be prepared to pay a larger commission and higher ticket prices than usual for these. This is THE BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT fería of the year in all of Spain.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31053 - 03/04/04 05:36 PM Re: Madrid: Bullfights in May
loribella Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Thank you for that site. I would like to get over to Seville. Where are the bullfights? However, I'm really interested in Flamenco. I just saw the Paco de Lucia show here in Santa Cruz, California, this past Tuesday. Had 7th row seats! I am so amazed and inspired. I can't even put it into words. Any suggestions on where to learn and see shows? Would love to pick up some of the clothes/shoes/ shawls -- any suggestions as well?

#31054 - 03/04/04 10:42 PM Re: Madrid: Bullfights in May
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
On Calle Victoria there are a half-dozen or so "reventas" or scalpers. Scalping is an honorable profession in Spain! They have tickets for just about everything, including futbol, charge 20% or so and are in permanent intallations so you you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. They will have all the posters of upcoming events.

If you go to Las Ventas, make sure you know what you are in for. During San Isidro there are a variety of corridas including rejoneadors (toreros on horseback), Goyescas (wearing antique costumes), mano a manos (2 matadors competing), novilladas (beginners) etc. They even have comic toreros!

#31055 - 03/06/04 06:56 PM Re: Madrid: Bullfights in May
crowduck Offline

Loc: Santa Cruz, Calif
~Loribella,
Glad to see you found your way to MadridMan. Didn't know you were interested in bullfights as well as flamenco. Suggest you try the Search function and try "Seville flamenco" or "Seville bullfight". For the clothes/shoes/shawls search the shopping forum, or post a question there. Have a great trip!!
Chris Nielsen (crowduck)
Santa Cruz

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments