Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31030 - 02/22/04 11:33 AM Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
kungfukid Offline

I will be in Madrid for 3 days from 29th feb to 2nd march. wondering whether anyone knows there is any bullfight on those days?? if yes, how much is the ticket n wer is it? tq!

#31031 - 02/22/04 11:43 AM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi kungfukid! (coool name!) Welcome to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board!

According to the TicketsToros website HERE :

Quote:
2004 SEASON STARTS IN MIDDLE MARCH.
Also according to that page (see link above), here's the March and April schedule:

14/03/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE NOVILLOS (BULLFIGHT): Novillos de El Retamar. Bullfighters (novilleros): Serranito, Roberto Galan, Rafael Ayuso.

19/03/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE NOVILLOS (BULLFIGHT): Novillos de Antonio San roman. Bullfighters (novilleros): Jesuli de Terrecerera, Luis Mieguel Vazquez, Javier Solis

21/03/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE NOVILLOS (BULLFIGHT): Novillos de Antonio Lopez. Bullfighters (novilleros): Andres Revuelta, Carlos Doyague, Alberto Aguilar.

28/03/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE NOVILLOS (BULLFIGHT): Novillos de Alcurrucen. Bullfighters (novilleros): Gabriel Picazo, Ismael Lopez, Sergio Marin.

04/04/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE TOROS (BULLFIGHT):

11/04/2004
PLAZA DE TOROS DE MADRID-LAS VENTAS. CORRIDA DE TOROS (BULLFIGHT): Domingo de Resurreccion. Seis toros para Morante de la Puebla....fight: Morante de la Puebla (matador) fights against six bulls.

18/04/2004

25/04/2004

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31032 - 02/22/04 11:51 AM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
kungfukid Offline

tnx madridman!!
oh no!!!! frown that means i won't be able to see any bullfight in Madrid!!!:'''( Btw, what about in Barcelona?? do you have any info about the bullfight there?? i try to look in the internet but still in vain.

#31033 - 02/22/04 01:22 PM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
kungfukid, I'm not even sure they have bullfights in Barcelona anymore. If so, they're infrequent. Can anyone verify/clarify this point?

Take a look at http://www.torosbarcelona.com/ . After floating through this site it seems last year they had several bullfights in April but nothing mentioned as early as February or early March.

The bullfighting season starts a bit earlier in the warmer south though. Are you going anywhere in Andalucía? They MIGHT have a bullfight during early March in, say, Sevilla or other places but more doubtful in the north. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31034 - 02/22/04 06:24 PM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I was in Madrid early this month and there were plenty of corridas planned, mostly novillos in towns close to Madrid. They also have some early corridas at Leganes, which is just southwest of central Madrid on the metro. Go to calle Victoria (Museo del Jamon near Sol is on Victoria) and check out the posters outside the ticket offices, or stop in Restaurante Viña P on the on the north side of Plaza Santa Ana. They have a wall in the bar with the latest stuff. Don't forget to have a plate of grilled asparagus!

Also, try Portal Taurino , they usually cover it more in depth than the Las Ventas website.

#31035 - 02/23/04 03:56 PM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
kungfukid Offline

tnx a lot mango!!! ur reply has lighten up my hope to watch a corrida (am i right?) again. thank you very much!!

#31036 - 02/23/04 04:56 PM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Don't bother going to a Barcelona bullfight. There is a plaza de toros, and there are corridas, but you won't see any locals there and you definitely won't see many famous toreros. In fact, there is a pretty strong anti-corrida movement that is based in Barcelona.

Madrid does have bullfights, but the season doesn't start until March, as is the case in Andalucia. But your best bet are the novilladas in towns outside of Madrid. Try picking up a 6 Toros 6 magazine or something similar as soon as you get to Madrid. Good luck! smile

#31037 - 02/24/04 07:05 AM Re: Madrid/BCN: Bullfighting?
kungfukid Offline

tnx, Sivilta. Ya, i do heard about the anti-bullfight movement in Barcelona. i would just like to experience for one time watching the corrida in spain, but it seems a bit hard now. frown

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2619 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments