Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#85024 - 08/02/09 05:02 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: pedmar]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I had cocido for lunch, follwed by a lovely siesta under my mosquito net!! smile My boyfriend is a great cook, i love his tortilla, albondigas, cocido and croquetas, fabadas too.

#85027 - 08/03/09 01:58 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: sallyanne]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
For breakfast I'm planning on having toasta con tomato at the renfe station, I know it's not lunch but done right it's my favourite Spanish dish!!!

#85110 - 08/19/09 05:58 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: Rob in Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ok .. well I just spent 15 days in a town called Tamariu .. near to Begur ... In Catalunya . And the food was incredible ! I absolutely recommend the beachfront restaurant of the Hotel Tamariu ... astonishing food .. This will be in Catalan : Sonsus - Sand eels ... Sort of like whitebait .. absolutely delicious ! But they are eels ! Navalles a la planxa .. Grilled razor clams .. man they were good .. Llamànto a la plantxa o gratinat amb alli-i-oli ( lobster which was wonderful ... and at 25 € . it was a bargain ) . Xipirones .. so much better that i´ve had in Madrid ! ... And let´s not forget the desserts ( postres ) .. Formatge Fresc amb Figues confitados ( Cream cheese with figs ) .. Totally the best ! Recuit de l'Empordá camb miel ... fresh cheese with honey ( Very Catalan ) ... And my youngest niece went crazy for the Maduixots amb Nata .. Strawberries and cream ... A great holiday by the sea !
Ask for Samir or Jordi ... great waiters .. The manageress is a diamond too .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments