Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84362 - 05/03/09 07:52 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: MadridMan]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
MM, what is pan rallado?

Oh, only 2 more days and I will be on a plane!!!!!!!!!

#84363 - 05/03/09 08:00 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: La Sorpresa]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Pan Rallado is finely ground bread. See photo below. It's the same stuff they use to "roll" the dough in croquetas.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84365 - 05/03/09 10:51 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Mmmmmmm, croquetas, my favorite snack....I'll be in Madrid for 2 weeks the end of August, first of September, maybe we can meet up for lunch...

#84368 - 05/04/09 08:25 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: Kipper]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I can't wait for my first bite of jamon on Thursday. Or my first cafe cortado, to see what the first free tapa we get is (bonus happiness if it is not olives or potato chips). Oh - and vermut al grifo - of which there is no equivelent in the US that I can find.

Sigh. So near but yet so far. I hope all of you that live in Spain realize HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!

When I go home tonight I am going to stick my nose in a bottle of olive oil and breathe deeply.

#84958 - 07/27/09 01:00 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
My lunch? a cup of coffee and a Zone bar.

#84960 - 07/27/09 08:42 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: Donna Cuervo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ha! For my last U.S. breakfast (at a diner) I had a fried egg, link sausage, French toast, and hash browns. Mmmm... No more of that after returning to Spain.

I'm looking forward to my first Spanish meal tomorrow; LUNCH! Maybe a simple bocadillo de calamares before a long nap. Can't wait. cool

Surely our food-lover steve robinson can happily recount his foodie exploits of late.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84962 - 07/27/09 06:53 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Did you go to Cracker Barrell????? LOL

#84963 - 07/28/09 02:50 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: Kipper]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Actually i´ve not been eating out that much . My Peruvian friend loves to cook so
i´ve been treated to Huevos Rotos , Revuelto de Gambas , Ensalada con Jalapeños , Steamed chicken .. mmmm
We recently had an Argentinian girl staying with us ( She lives in Zurich ) ... She had a blast here in Madrid ! One day we went Japanese ( I love Japanese food ) .. but we went to the terraza in Calle Ibiza where my Romanian friend works and had a ración of chopitos ( Maybe the best i´ve had in Madrid ) .. The patatas bravas are excellent too ! And my friend brought us some tapas ( free ) of little sweet bread rolls ( brioche ) filled with a garlic cream cheese .
For drinks we´ve had wonderful Granizado de Limón ( so refeshing ! ) , Tinto de Verano , and Cerveza .
And we took our Argentinian friend to the Estanque .. the lake in Retiro Park .. We hired a rowing boat .. On a mighty hot day it was nice to splash water over your head and face . My room mate was rowing .. first time .. we had a few collisions , but we got too close to the fountains and got soaked ... Hilarious !
I´m really enjoying the Madrid summer .

Steve

#84998 - 07/31/09 02:23 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: Kipper]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yeah let´s meet up for lunch . I have a "Corte Ingles" department store near me and they have an area for "platos preparados" .. Croquetas de Jamón , bacalao and pollo .. . I often buy 15 ( 5 of each ) and eat them ( with a bravas sauce ) watching a film at home ..

#85019 - 08/01/09 12:57 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well I am going for my vacation to Florida USA next week so will be able to savored some good American food ::) and big breakfasts....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments