Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30994 - 02/06/04 08:12 AM Cheer me up with some food discussion!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I am sitting at my desk at work, reading these posts instead of working. As so often happens when I look at this site, my mind is wandering to Madrid...I am imagining myself strolling around the streets and looking for a great restaurant for lunch.

Help me out, all of you that are currently in Spain! What are YOU having for lunch today? And feel free to be descriptive! Make my mouth water!

Meanwhile, I will continue to daydream at my desk....

#30995 - 02/06/04 09:09 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't know this woman... and I suppose I shouldn't be posting her photo here (and it's about 80kb size too) but you can read her Spain Story and see more photos of her trip at http://www.taekwondo-itf.be/pics/spain2003/

Thought this might help "take you there". I found this, and others, through the Google.com IMAGES section @ http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=tapas.jpg+%2Bmadrid

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30996 - 02/06/04 10:51 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I´m not in Madrid (arrived in Barça from there yesterday)but I just finished a plate of conejo con tomate after appetizers of pinchos and cider at Sagardi.

I have developed a taste for "zarajos" in Madrid. Anyone else like them?

#30997 - 02/09/04 12:12 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion!
La Sorpresa Offline

well, thanks for the info above. I am clearly not going to get any work done today either!!! rolleyes

#30998 - 02/15/07 12:24 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion!
La Sorpresa Offline

OK...I need this topic resurrected today. I am having a major case of "I wish I was in Spain Blues".

I just booked my trip for Apr 27 to May 11. You would think I'd be excited, but it just seems so far away.

Will someone please indulge me and let me know what yummy things you ate today for lunch? Or even yesterday...last week??????

#30999 - 02/15/07 02:28 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hahahaa.. I can't say I blame you, sparkalina. You can only live vicariously through those of us living in Spain, watch those Spanish TV programs online (or on your own TV maybe), or buy those super expensive important Spanish food items in your specialty grocery store there in Naples, Florida USA.

So let's see.... Today for breakfast I had porras (which I'd gotten from a nearby bar) and coffee. For lunch I had a simple chicken noodle (actually, they were fideos) to which I added green olives. Mmmm.... For dinner, I don't know. It'll probably be a salad, some fruit, and some white wine. For lunch today I had originally planned to go to the bar across the street for their delicious menu of the day - Thursdays they serve COCIDO MADRILEÑO (as the second course) for 8 Euros. But in the end I didn't go.

I'm sure ANYONE can outdo me for today's food fare.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84340 - 04/30/09 03:21 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: MadridMan]
La Sorpresa Offline

Anyone able to update with what they had for lunch today?

I will be in Spain in about a week and the anticipation is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need some food talk.... crazy

#84341 - 05/01/09 04:57 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: La Sorpresa]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´m still salavating at the thought of the "Matanza de Cerdo" I had with MM and others .. A huge plate of fried potatoes topped with thick bacon , beautiful spiced sausages and Morcilla ... And a big jug of wine ... Oh , abd the Leche Frito at that restaurant was to die for !!

#84342 - 05/01/09 08:51 AM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: steve robinson]
La Sorpresa Offline

Thanks, Steve! I needed that thumbsup

#84344 - 05/01/09 01:31 PM Re: Cheer me up with some food discussion! [Re: La Sorpresa]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

sparkalina, today I prepared (for friends at home) broiled chicken (lightly dusted with pan rallado and spiced with curry, parsley, salt and topped with pineapple) and a good rice dish with peas, roasted red peppers, chicken bouillon, green olives, and oregano. With it, we shared a bottle of Spanish sidra and had yogurt for dessert. It all turned out very well - all my own recipes, by the way, and not all that Spanish either, but my guests liked it a lot.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments