Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30917 - 12/01/03 10:52 PM Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Swaid Offline

Loc: NC
I happened to be lucky enough to book my tickets over this holiday in Madrid (i'll be there the 3-10 of january), i've read that the festivities are quite large especially in such a big city, however i'm wondering what exactly I should expect, as well as any local customs I should follow (i'm staying with friends, so really anything appropriate for people who are 19-25 to do around/on this holiday)

#30918 - 12/02/03 07:13 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Pablete Offline

Loc: Madrid
You could find very big parties during Reye´s night, it's like the New Year's Eve one, with a fix price you get as many drinks as you can drink.

#30919 - 12/02/03 07:42 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Miguelito Offline

People eat Roscon de Reyes and receive presents.

#30920 - 12/02/03 08:12 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most people love ( I sincerely hate it) a parade where supposedly the three kings arrive with all the kids gifts. Traffic will be horrible, but your kids will enjoy it a lot.

Next day gifts are given to children, brought during the night not by Santa Claus but the kings (a.k.a. The Three Wise Men).

Important family dinner, second only to 25th Dec., and important parties in discos, second only to 31st Dec..

#30921 - 12/02/03 09:50 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Miguelito Offline

The parade is horrible!!!!!... but is funny and nice to look at the faces of children.

#30922 - 12/02/03 05:15 PM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Swaid Offline

Loc: NC
i have no children as i'm 19 and a college student, i already know of a party that i will be attending that night at a club, as cheesy as it sounds i might like to catch the parade, just to see what everything is all about

most of my vacation (really all of it) will be spent with friends... either seeing the sights/colleges in Madrid or just enjoying ourselves smile

#30923 - 12/03/03 10:23 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
¡Joé, qué mala leche tenéis! wink wink What's up with the parade??? It's great. They throw sweets! ¡Viva la cabalgata!

#30924 - 12/03/03 10:44 AM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
Miguelito Offline

Oh Boqueron how long since the last time you went here in Madrid to the parade?
The last times it has been like a sponsors parade. And I still find so bad that a council man paint his face in black for Baltasar Wise Man when there're so many true black people living here now...
Anyway they still throw sweets smile

#30925 - 12/03/03 12:10 PM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I went this past january to the one in Barcelona. It was really cool.It was right by the seaport across from Maremagnum. Lots of people , very colorful and with Monjuic in the background who could ask for anything more.

#30926 - 12/03/03 12:24 PM Re: Madrid: Los Reyes Magos?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Miguelito wrote:
Quote:
The last times it has been like a sponsors parade.
Oh how true! I've seen lots of photos but have yet to witness one for myself and I believe that Ronald McDonald is a constant in that parade and countless floats showing off their placards, billboards, and banners of their sponsors like Philips, Telefónica, Terra, and whatever else.

Say, what's the theme of Cortelandia this year? When I was there a couple years ago it was the "Lord of the Rings" and last year it was, who, "Harry Potter" or something.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2242 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments