Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30913 - 11/30/03 04:10 PM Madrid: Entertainment at Christmas
Gloria_dup1 Offline

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
We will be in Madrid from the 19th to Jan. 2. Would some of you Madrilenos please check the Sunday papers for Espectaculos para ninos, during the holidays? My son is five and I would like to take him to as much as possible. We will definitely go to Cortylandia to see los Reyes Magos, and the Plaza Mayor, but I was looking for other types of entertainment too.

Muchisimas gracias

Gloria

#30914 - 11/30/03 04:46 PM Re: Madrid: Entertainment at Christmas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You might check into the Guía del Ocio upon arriving or take a look at the abridged version on their website . I went to see Cortylandia when I was in Madrid over Christmas/New Years a couple years ago and it was all a real experience.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30915 - 12/07/03 06:02 PM Re: Madrid: Entertainment at Christmas
Alun John Offline

Loc: Wales
The El Corté Inglés of Puerta del Sol will be putting on a show (covering one side of their store in Calle del Maestro Vitoria) every evening throughout Christmas and this is well worth seeing. I'm not sure if they'll be erecting a skating rink in El Corté Inglés in Goya this year but you may want to check that out. There's always the huge indoor skiing centre called Xanadu or how about the new Dreams Palace for ice skating

I would recommend you find out if there's any snow in the mountains as it is fabulous up when it snows - Cercedilla is a good bet. May I also suggest that you take a look at the activities on city council\'s web site - there are some activities listed for children there. Another place to find information is the Metropoli pages of the newspaper 'El Mundo' - just do a search for 'metropoli el mundo' on Google and it will come up. And don't forget, there's always the English language cinemas which show kids' films in English with Spanish subtitles.

Enjoy yourselves. Feliz Navidad

#30916 - 12/12/03 12:47 PM Re: Madrid: Entertainment at Christmas
Gloria_dup1 Offline

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
Alun John,

Thank you so much for your advice. I went to the City Council website and there is a list of 251 activities, concerts, workshops and exhibits during the Christmas season. Everywhere from El Templo de Debod to the Zoo to the Centro Cultural of neighborhoods all over Madrid. If you are going to be in Madrid at Christmas you must visit this site! There are so many activities for children it will be hard to decide what to do. There is also plenty for the big kids.

Again, thank you so much. I can always count on the members to help me out.

Glori

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2405 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments