Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30847 - 10/14/03 08:57 PM seville soccer
arbit Offline

I finally found a website with soccer schedules and I think there will be a game on March 21 2004 in Seville. Does anyone know how to get tickets?

#30848 - 10/15/03 05:58 AM Re: seville soccer
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
Seville has two teams in la Primera (Betis & Sevilla) and the fixtures are arranged so that they don't have home games on the same weekend so there will always be a home game on in town. On March 21st (or maybe the 20nd) Sevilla host Malaga. You won't have a problem buying a ticket for this game in the days before the game just head up to the ground, there is no way this game will sell out. There is no need to go via a ticket (ie rip off) agency.

#30849 - 10/15/03 09:01 AM Re: seville soccer
arbit Offline

Thanks Hip Priest, but still have some questions:
1) How do you know if it is 20th or 21st? Makes a difference to me as I have booked hotels and planned trip and if it is the 20th or 21st, may have to make some switches.

2) If I arrive the same day as the game, can I still get tickets? How far is the stadium from the center of town? Can one ask the concierge at the hotel or is that a potential rip-off situation as well? What type of seats would be the best? (This would be our first soccer game attendance). My son just started the sport and he is very excited about seeing a game.

#30850 - 10/15/03 10:37 AM Re: seville soccer
Hip Priest Offline

I'm afraid the exact day of the game won't be fixed until maybe a week beforehand but 90% sure it will be on the Sunday. I would be more than 90% positive that you can buy tickets at the ground (Sanchez Pizjuan) on matchday. As regards where to sit well it depends on your preferences, the sideline gives a better view but is more expensive. If you want some ultras type atmosphere the Gol Norte lower is the place to be. It's over a decade since I was at a game there but I recall it being fairly central, the barrio is Nervion. Maybe some sevillano-dweller will confirm this...There's months to go yet I wouldn't be getting worried.

#30851 - 10/15/03 04:34 PM Re: seville soccer
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Yes, Sevilla's stadium is in Nervion. It is a very short bus or cab ride from the center. I wouldn't stress too much about getting tickets, but arriving and buying the day before might make you feel better. We took our 8 and 5 year olds to see Betis play Real Madrid last year and it was a real thrill. (Actually, 2 times. The lights went out at the end of the first half and the rest of the game was rescheduled!) My husband and son went to see Sevilla once and liked it a lot, too. However, all Sevillanos who give a fig about futbol line up with one team or the other. My son likes Betis and had fun razzing the pro-Sevilla waiters when he wore his Betis uniform to restaurants. You'll have a blast.

#30852 - 10/15/03 04:50 PM Re: seville soccer
arbit Offline

Thanks for the tips guys!
Do you think it is possible that we can see Real Madrid in Madrid? I looked up a schedule and it appears that they will be there only on the 14th and 28th, two dates we will not be in Madrid. Can you confirm that Hip Priest? Not that it really matters. Like Jana said, it should be a blast no matter what!!

#30853 - 10/16/03 01:41 PM Re: seville soccer
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
All the fixtures, together with some info on buying in advance for some clubs, can be found at www.soccer-spain.com. If you are in Madrid when Real are not, there's always Atletico. Less Galacticos, but more atmosphere!

#30854 - 10/16/03 03:13 PM Re: seville soccer
Hip Priest Offline

Yep Madrid are home on the 14th and 28th to Zaragoza and Sevilla respectively. While these are not hugely attractive opposition teams I'm afraid it has become a lot more difficult to get into the Bernabeu in recent years even for such games as Zgz and SFC. Nevertheless if you are prepared to pay a bit above the odds you should get into these games. As far as I know Atletico is also harder to get into these days with most of the ground being taken up with socios. Don't forget midweek games as the Champions league is on 10/11 and 24/25 march and the Copa del Rey final is on the 18th.

#30855 - 10/21/03 02:58 PM Re: seville soccer
arbit Offline

Hip Priest:
How did you know there were mid week games? I am trying to find out as I am booking hotels, dates, etc.,possibly around those mid week games. and I am very interested in either the Champions League or Copy de Rey final. Thanks again for all your help.

#30856 - 10/23/03 06:03 AM Re: seville soccer
Hip Priest Offline

Got the dates from my Marca guide to the season though I'm sure they can be confirmed at the UEFA site and elsewhere.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments