I finally found the card! I am a former professional chef at a gourmet restaurant in Minneapolis, and I wanted to pass along the name and address of one of the BEST restaurants in which I have EVER been. It is called "La Parrilla de Tejadilla," in Segovia, or rather, just outside it. The place has nothing to recommend it from the outside, BUT the menu and food is FANTASTIC! Inside it has very nice decor, like a hacienda, with white arches framing a patio.

I loved everything I had, from the hair-fine fried potato garnish on the salad, which had an amazing dressing, to "Pollo en el Estilo de me Abuela" (Chicken in the Style of my Grandmother), to the wine to the flan. The service was first-rate, and my wife and I ate until we were stuffed for around 30€. That's 30€ for BOTH of us! I had the honor of meeting the chef and complimenting him on his art.

"La Parrilla de Tejadilla"
Antonio Calvillo Bentolo, Director
Ctra. de Arévalo, Km. 4200
40196 Segovia
Teléf. 921 44 21 49 or 921 43 43 23

To get there, from the Acála (Royal Artillery School Castle), drive down towards the Parral Monestary (you will have to loop back at the first small gorietta (traffic circle)), and continue past the old city gate arch going west (?) out of town. You will soon intersect Ctra. de Arévalo at a "Tee" shaped intersection with a stop sign and separate exits for going left and right. Turn LEFT. About a kilometer or two on the right side of the road you will see a complex of buildings with a very ugly, spacious gasoline station. Pull in there, continue past the station and the first "dive" restaurant (believe me you do NOT want to eat there!). Just before a woodworking studio is the restaurant with a funny cartoonish-style cow as its logo.

Go in. Enjoy. Spread the word. They are really nice people. Tell them Martín el artista de Colmenar Viejo sent you! Let us know how you liked it. . . smile