Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30692 - 08/04/03 08:53 AM Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I neglected to record the name of a great little pizzeria & hope I can describe the location. It
was near a very large cyber station somewhere just off C de Alcala, near the point where Gran Via & Alcala meet. It was on the north side of the street (C de Alacala I think) & downstairs. there was a neon sign above the door, but the windows looked as tho it was closed. It's , a lovely, friendly, clean place with great food! We had been in the mountains for 2 weeks and really craved PIZZA! I want to say it was Gino's, but the only listing I find in Madrid is near Serrano and that's not it. I know this is vague, but if anyone can help, it's the folks on this site!!

#30693 - 08/04/03 09:06 AM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are not vague at all. I remember it perfectly well. There is years that I don't go there, but I remember excellent italian food: any kind of pizza, delicious pasta, salads, and few but tasty desserts. And the price was very reasonable.

I'll edit this post if I pass by and see the name/ exact address.

It was where you say. I would say Fuencarral street or the parallel on the right side (looking North)

#30694 - 08/04/03 12:16 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Actually, the best pizza in Madrid is at La Cupla in Las Matas about 24 km out on N-VI. Wood fired oven from Modena Italy, Neapolitan style (thin crust) pizzas and lots of natural ingredients. Closest thing to 'real' traditional italian pizza around.

#30695 - 08/04/03 12:19 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Floroz Offline

Hi Ignacio, Thanks for your input, you've obviously been there, you've described their menu exactly! Very pleasant place and as you say, good prices too! I don't remember it being that far down on Gran Via..I thought it was not
far from the Sevilla metro station. According to my map that would put the cyber station (a large one)...on Gran Via??

#30696 - 08/04/03 12:40 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Floroz Offline

Could this be the cyber station that's near the pizza place? Found this on the net:Cyberinterpublic - (www.cyberinterpublic.net) C/. Carrera de San Jerónimo #18, 1st floor, Madrid. THE place to get your internet fix in Madrid. Open from 10:00 am 12:00 midnight and have an AWESOME setup of computers, printers, scanners, video conference, office, aol, FAX service, calling center, etc. Less than a 2 minute walk from Puerta del Sol, this communications center has a young atmosphere and great customer service. Friendly hip and ready to help out employees. Fast computers and fiber optic connection. METRO: Sol (lines 1, 2 & 3).

#30697 - 08/04/03 01:13 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I used to go there, there were very few cybercafés around in Madrid. Much less in gran Via.

There s a Telefonica internet café around Gran Via 28. Still, I am not completely sure we are speaking of the same, now. The one I mean had only some tiny tables, and most people ate at the bar. Was very narrow.

The area I am speaking about about 200 yards from Gran Via & Alcala .

#30698 - 08/04/03 04:23 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Floroz, there is a Gino's at the corner of Alcalá and Virgen de Los Peligros, opposite the cybercafe "BIGG" and the Starbucks coffe place. I guess this is the one you are talking about.

#30699 - 08/05/03 02:57 AM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
don't know if it'll be open in august (I hope), but there is a great pizza place one block north of Gran Via on Hortaleza which is pretty good. It's on the right hand side as you walk north. Had pizza there two years ago and they put egg in the middle of the personal-sized pizzas we ordered, which disgusted my friend as she was opposed to egg and any tomato-based products touching, but which I found interesting, and in a good way.

#30700 - 08/05/03 09:38 AM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I think Druship is talking about the one you want. On Hortaleza and called Vesubio.

#30701 - 08/05/03 04:42 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, Barry, the Vesubio you are talking about is pretty small and there is only one floor. I would recommend the other Vesubio which is near to Gran Vía, 32 at Gonzalez de Quesada street. It's bigger, it has tables and a wider range of choices.

#30702 - 08/06/03 12:37 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
I ate at a Gino's but not where you describe. It was on C/ de Arenal a block north of Plaza Mayor. The restaurant was downstairs. Delicious pizza.

#30703 - 08/07/03 04:04 PM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Ok, can't resist any longer. La Farfella, c/de Santa marta, just off c/de Huertas. Small, tasy Pizzas, great salads open till 3 am or more, dirt cheap, wonderfully typically Madrid comedor.

#30704 - 08/08/03 07:47 AM Re: Madrid Pizzeria location search..help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yesterday, I happened to be close to the one I mean, and took a look. Yes, it was Vesubio the tiny pizzeria I meant, but it did not have tables. People eat along the two bars both sides of the room. It is in Hortaleza 4. The area is crowded with Internet Cafés, since it is a tourists' area, but I observed it was just between a café and a Kebab house, if this means something to you (for identification purposes). There was a pharmacy very close, also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments