Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30688 - 07/31/03 02:11 AM Madrid: Where to eat / what to do?
sylvia Offline

Loc: Norway
We are getting married in Madrid in September, and would like some good advises....

We are staying at Hostal Don Diego in the Salamanca area.
1. We would like to have lunch with our guests after we have been at the embassy, app. at 3 pm(we are 11 adults and 3 children age 1-3 years), do anyone have a recommodation for me?? Price: not cheap, but not too expensive.

2. Things to do.....
Of course, I want this day to remember as something special. What can I take my guests to do?

Hope to get some good advises!

#30689 - 07/31/03 01:27 PM Re: Madrid: Where to eat / what to do?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Ummhhh I personally like the terraces of Casa Mingo (unbeatable prices) or La Taperia de la Abuela (unbeatable sorroundings) for events.

As for other activities that depends on your budget and the fitness of your group, the possibilities are numerous: canoeing, powered paragliding, quad countryside excursion, riverboat driving, baloon flight, paintball.....

Good luck!

#30690 - 08/08/03 05:02 AM Re: Madrid: Where to eat / what to do?
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Sagardi Euskal Taberna
Avda. Bruselas 21 Tel:+34 91 661 090 82
- Cocina vasca de calidad -

Just south of Avenida Americas at about the M-30 on the side of town towards the airport. It's in the Alcobendas area.

Basque sytle restaurant. Reasonable pricing (not dirt cheap) & relaxed family atmosphere.
Delicious fish (they also have meat) Their special 'hook' is the cider (although they have a wine selection too). The cider is either poured from the bottle, held above your head and slashed into the glass or via long streams straight out of the vat.

At the bar they serve tapas Basque style. A wide variety of plates with tasty things on little pieces of bread constantly coming out of the kitchen. Take whatever you fancy. Each one has a toothpick in it. Your bill is calculated by counting how many toothpicks you have in front of you when you say you're finished (although I'm sure the barkeepers are skilled at keeping track - just in case you drop a toothpick or two).

small web page at www.sagardi.com

#30691 - 08/08/03 05:54 AM Re: Madrid: Where to eat / what to do?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
This may be a bit too upscale but it's very close to the U.S. Embassy (in Barrio de Salamanca):
Restaurante la Giralda; c/Maldonado, 4 - tlf. 91 577 77 62 - closed Sundays (in case your wedding is on a Sunday). Figure on 35 - 40 Euro p/p.
It's one of a 'chain' of about 3-restaurants in Madrid that feature Andalucian cuisine and are very tastefully decorated with Andalucian themes. If that's your thing! rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments