MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30647 - 07/18/03 12:11 PM Kraft manchego
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Now I've seen everything! As I was strolling past the dairy section of my local Safeway, I came upon Kraft Manchego processed cheese slices!!!! eek Gak! When I think Manchego cheese I don't think of the plasticene substance that most processed cheese products are! I'm having a hard time getting my mind wrapped around this concept! The package is in Spanish and says it's perfect for quesadillas confused

#30648 - 07/18/03 02:08 PM Re: Kraft manchego
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
That IS creepy! rolleyes

#30649 - 07/18/03 09:00 PM Re: Kraft manchego
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
la maestra, is/was this kooky cheese from Spain though or did they "steal" the Manchego name. I'd think Manchego would be an internationally registered trademark/tradename, wouldn't it or is it just a kind of cheese?

Saludos, eek MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30650 - 07/18/03 09:33 PM Re: Kraft manchego
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

MM, it is packaged just like the old Kraft American singles slices, but it says "Manchego" instead of "American." My son described the concept as being a little like Caviar Newtons...you know what that must be, but can't imagine eating it! I don't know if Manchego is one of those things that has to have proof of origin like wine or if it is just a type of cheese...though how slices can be similar to the real thing escapes me.

#30651 - 07/18/03 09:46 PM Re: Kraft manchego
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Good question, La Maestra. I ran into some Manchego cheese that was made in Mejico. But, to me it did not taste the same as Machego from Spain. The same with chorizos. The Palacion chorizos taste different than the ones made here by Quijote. rolleyes Oh, well.

Did you buy it?

#30652 - 07/19/03 09:16 PM Re: Kraft manchego
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Yuk! Processed American cheese is bad enough. Hey, while we're on this subject of packaging Spanish food for Americans, how about if Betty Crocker comes out with Bacalao Helper? Yummmmmmm, Yum!! laugh

#30653 - 07/19/03 09:28 PM Re: Kraft manchego
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Oso, I don't think this was packaged for Americans as the package is written entirely in Spanish. It appears to be packaged for Mexicans...who don't use Manchego that I know of!The curious side of me want to try it to see what they were aiming for in terms of flavor, but the rational part of me knows what texture I will encounter!

By the way, Bacalao Helper sounds like a winner to me!

#30654 - 07/19/03 11:17 PM Re: Kraft manchego
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Oh, maestra, you MUST try it! In the interest of science!!!! Don't keep us in suspense! smile

#30655 - 07/20/03 03:43 PM Re: Kraft manchego
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Eeeeeeeeyuk! Maestra, you'd use Bacalao Helper? I'd rather try the processed manchego! Let's see, what's next on our processed food list? How about soy anchovy fillets and tofu olives? :p

#30656 - 07/20/03 04:25 PM Re: Kraft manchego
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

No, no, Oso! You misunderstood me! I think your Bacalao Helper has potential...but not for me! Truth be known, I'm a bit of a "foodie"...my sons grew up thinking EVERYONE had jamon serrano and manchego sandwiches on French bread for lunch!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments