Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30639 - 07/08/03 02:08 PM Santander bullfights
indioladino Offline

Loc: San Diego California
Has anybody been to Santander? I was thinking about it only because on the 22nd of July I wanted to see Matadore's Enrique Ponce, Joselito, and Caesar Jimmenez in the corrida (Bullfight that is going to be there. Also is there a possibiluity that If I make the trip could all the tickets be sold out because Enrique Ponce is the Headliner there on the cartel. it's a 6 hr ride on the train. im trying to figure out how to get tickets in advance if I do go. So far the cartel's in Las-Ventas don't look to interesting as yet. Would appreciate a reply if anybody knows anything. Is there anything to do in Segovia only because it's close to Madrid. smile Thanks the ole indioladino

#30640 - 07/14/03 06:36 PM Re: Santander bullfights
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Santander is a nice city, nice beaches, good views, close to the mountains. Not very historic-looking, as the old section burned down in a massive fire in 1941, but defintely a pleasant city to hang out in. Any specific questions?

#30641 - 07/15/03 05:25 AM Re: Santander bullfights
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Beginning this weekend is Santander's annual fiesta de Santiago, leading up to Santiago, Jul 25. There are daily bullfights so you should be able to see the one you want.

Continental-Auto has express Bus Service from Madrid's Avda. de America Intercambiador. Some are nonstop to Torrelavega, and the total time it takes is 5.5 hours. It's a lot cheaper than the train. As you come out of the Bus Station, there are usually several people offering inexpensive lodging.

I love Santander, especially playa de Sardinero. The Calle de Burgos really rocks when the sun goes down. Try Taberna Narda, C/ Captain Palacios, 3, for a great seafood luncheon menu. It's where the Truckers eat.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments