Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30634 - 07/13/03 05:48 PM Madrid: La Platería or La Tapería?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hello everyone! I've been MIA for a long time ... I'm sure the message board is as exciting as ever though.

I have a question. There's a restaurant sort of on the corner of Huertas/Moratín in a plaza that faces Paseo del Prado. Is it called La Tapería del Prado or La Platería? (The plaza it's located on is called Platería de Martínez).

Thanks in advance for your help.

(By the way, it's an excellent place to eat ...)

Churrito laugh

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#30635 - 07/13/03 07:38 PM Re: Madrid: La Platería or La Tapería?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I know exactly the plaza and place you're talking about. It's La Taperia and it's nice to know that it's good. Next time I'm in Madrid, I'll check it out. Just for the record, the bar that faces out onto that little plaza is also very good--friendly service and nice snacks.

#30636 - 07/13/03 07:59 PM Re: Madrid: La Platería or La Tapería?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Thanks Liz49 for your reply! I'm still confused though ... I don't remember another bar facing out onto the plaza ... the place I'm asking about is actually in one of those buildings that hug a corner. It encompasses the whole plaza, with its bar spilling out into a terraza in the warmer months ... could this be the same as La Tapería you are referring to? There are also one or two restaurants across the street from the plaza and I think one of them might have been called La Taperia.

Anyway the place does have EXCELLENT food and a great wine list. It was also to my delight one of the few places I found in Madrid that would serve half a ración for a lonely female traveler (that and another place nearby, the name of which also escapes me, but that's another post). My mouth waters just thinking about that meal. I had a succulent sausage with pimentos de padrón, washed down with a crisp alvarinho.

Churrito

(who wishes she had taken more careful notes!)

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#30637 - 07/14/03 07:13 AM Re: Madrid: La Platería or La Tapería?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Okay, maybe I'm confused, too! I must be thinking of the place that you describe as being across the street from the big plaza. Sorry!

#30638 - 07/15/03 02:15 PM Re: Madrid: La Platería or La Tapería?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Pero bueno Churrito como es que no nos haces una visita y lo ves por ti misma?

Andrés

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments