Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30625 - 07/09/03 07:33 PM Madrid: Restaurante La Vaca Veronica
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Located on Calle Moratín (between the Reina Sofia Museum and Plaza Santa Ana, I think) La Vaca Veronica is excellent for steak, of course. We had a wonderful meal with an excellent salad and flavorful "filet-type" (there was something slightly different about the cut) entree. Good bottle of vino tinto, also. Dessert is special, too, especially the white chocolate (or dark chocolate) tarte with berries. You'll be amused by the floor as you enter the servicios. Be sure to take a look!!

#30626 - 07/12/03 05:15 AM Re: Madrid: Restaurante La Vaca Veronica
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Thanks for the recommendation, I will try that one out.

If you like 'steak houses' try La Careta, I will look up the address later if you're interested but it's round the back of Gran Via towards the Plaza España end, or I've always done ok with La Vaca Argentina, of which there are several, the one near Plaza Castilla being my favourite and the one at Lopez de Hoyos being the worst. Never quite sure about the way they cover the chairs in white there though, makes it look like something the KKK would invent.

#30627 - 07/13/03 11:45 AM Re: Madrid: Restaurante La Vaca Veronica
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
La Cabana on Ventura de Vega is a steak -house worth trying. You can watch the chef's in action from the street and drool as the food is being cooked.

#30628 - 07/13/03 05:43 PM Re: Madrid: Restaurante La Vaca Veronica
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
I enjoyed a very nice lunch at the Vaca Veronica last year, especially after having been turned away by the Champagneria Gala just down the street, where they only make paellas and fideuas for two. frown

I had a salmon filet with a nice ratatouile of vegetables. Actually it was probably one of the nicest plate of vegetable side dishes I had while in Madrid!

The restaurant decor is adorable ... and yes, the bathroom floor is quite interesting ... I forgot about that!

The restaurant is located on Calle Moratín 38.

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments