Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30501 - 06/18/03 05:45 AM David Beckham to RealMadrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW! I'm shocked! NOT ONLY am I shocked that NO ONE has mentioned this since it happened yesterday but also shocked that he was snatched away from BARCA and for ONLY $48 million! rolleyes I think he and "Posh Spice" will fit right in to the stylish Madrid upper-society. My goodness, Real Madrid must be LOADED with cash.

And now what? Will they trade Raúl or Renaldo?? (keep in mind I almost don't know what I'm talking about on this topic) Can we imagine these THREE guys on the field at the same time? UNSTOPABLE!!! eek

Go RealMadrid! As if getting tickets BEFORE wasn't difficult enough. HERE COMES THE BECKHAM MARKETING CAMPAIGN!

USAToday.com article about Beckham going to Real Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30502 - 06/18/03 05:57 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Not Raul or Ronaldo, Beckham is not a striker. One in the eye for Barça!

#30503 - 06/18/03 06:03 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Remember MM member mCmad? I think he may be happy now that he will have the all clear to join in wearing sarongs in Madrid wink

mCmad AND HIS QUEST TO WEAR A SARONG IN MADRID

Jo

#30504 - 06/18/03 06:12 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

El Boqueron, but with regards to their "salary cap", if they have such a thing in professional soccer/football, can Real AFFORD to keep all three?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30505 - 06/18/03 07:18 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
blueterrier Offline

Real have only bought Beckham to realise the commercial value in the far east where he is seen as a god, for an investment of £25 million Real will see this turned into at least £150 million in shirt sales alone in the far east, as for playing, he's not fit to lace Raul's,Zidane's,Roberto's or Ghutti's boots.
HALA MADRID

#30506 - 06/18/03 08:10 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
MM - there´s no salary cap (as far as I know), and as bt says, Beckham is a great markleting investment for el Real, particularly in the east.

Who may be sold probably depends on how they play Beckham, which is something of a puzzle.
Beckham's position is right midfield, where Figo is now (BTW at Man U. he wears no. 7, but that's Raul's number, so he won't be getting it!)

A few possibilities:
He plays in his usual position, and Figo moves
to central-left mid-field, though this would put
Figo in the Roberto Carlos "corridor".
Beckham takes a central midfield position, and Figo stays put.

In either case I think Guti would be fighting for his place.

A further possibility is he replaces Figo, who would be worth a lot of money.

#30507 - 06/18/03 10:20 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

All marketing/salary aside, does anyone else think there will be "personality" differences or stealing of the spotlinght issues at hand here? Poor Raúl and Renaldo (among others) have enjoyed LOTS of attention in recent years. What'll happen now that Beckham is the hot comodity? Will Spanish fans take to him although he's not Spanish or Latino? Do Spaniards see him as "The Best Player in Fútbol" as I've been hearing stated on the radio lately?

Saludos, MadridMan

#30508 - 06/18/03 09:54 PM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Great article today in the New York Times! Beckham Is Newest Star in Real Madrid\'s Galaxy .

#30509 - 06/19/03 02:08 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Antti Offline

Loc: Finland
I think they should sell Figo. He is an old man, he ain't even trying anymore frown
Beckham is such a princess that he will probably lower the morale of the whole team. I don't like the man, but I guess he can be used on the freekicks. Oh, we have Carlos for that. Beckham should just do the promo stuff wink

Don't get me wrong! I love real madrid and they will win the Champions League next year \o/

#30510 - 06/19/03 02:24 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Miguelito Offline

Guti is angry and wants to leave Real Madrid, although Real Madrid doesn't want lo let him go for free.
I think the best player of the world is probably Zidane, but is always Raul who has to appear when things go wrong. I don't think Beckam will be a problem for them. I don't know for the others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2033 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments