Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30511 - 06/19/03 09:59 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
RaulMadrid Offline

[And now what? Will they trade Raúl or Renaldo?? (keep in mind I almost don't know what I'm talking about on this topic) Can we imagine these THREE guys on the field at the same time? UNSTOPABLE!!!]

If Raul was to be sold, I would stop supporting Madrid!

#30512 - 06/19/03 10:28 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
PacoM Offline

#30513 - 06/19/03 11:53 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
linguistar Offline

Loc: Canada
I just came back from Madrid 4 days ago, and would say that Beckham was well established there before hand. It's not that hard to find his jersey around town. And I even bought his poster in El Corte Ingles. They didn't sell any other soccer player posters ONLY Beckham's. I love soccer with a passion, and love Real Madrid. smile Personally I think that Raul and Ronaldo *the double R combo* is amazing. wink Beckham is great too. About stealing the spotlight, I don't think it will be a big issue, since with Beckham they will be an all around better team. From what I hear Raul doesn't want to give up his number, so that could be an issue. Raul is known for being number 7 for Real Madrid. However, if Beckham is a gentleman, I really think that he should swith numbers, as he did teams.

#30514 - 06/19/03 01:11 PM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Paco, that's a great link!!

I am really looking forward to seeing him at Malaga when he plays here next season. I won't bait him too much.... rolleyes Actually I think he's a great footballer and I hope he fits in well over here. Still couldn't resist putting a few more here though...... Try these......

Q...How do you make Posh and Beck's laugh on Friday?
A...Tell them a joke on Tuesday. laugh

Q...What did Posh say to Beck's when she found out she was pregnant?
A...Are you sure it's mine David....? laugh

Q... What's the difference between David Beckham and a supermarket trolley?
A... The trolley has a mind of it's own. laugh

Q... Why does Beckham have T.G.I.F printed on the front of his boots?
A... Toes Go In First! laugh

What have Posh Spice and David Beckham got in common?
They're both crap footballers. laugh

Why does Posh Spice always go on top when she and Beckham are having sex?
Beckham can only screw up. laugh

Posh Spice and David Beckham were sat in front of the Television (both in her underwear) watching the Six o'clock news. The headline feature was a man who was threatening to jump off the Clifton Suspension Bridge onto the busy road below. Posh turns to Beckham and says "Dave, I bet you £5000 that he jumps!" to which Beckham replies "5000! Done" The pair shake on it and continue watching the commotion on the TV. Sure enough, the man jumps and hits the road below with a loud thud. Beckham takes 5000 out of his pocket and gives it to Posh. "I can't take that from you, Dave" she says. "I was cheating. I saw the five o'clock news so I knew what was going to happen. I can't accept that money". Beckham replies "No Posh. The money is yours fair and square. I was cheating too, I saw the news at five. I just didn't think he would do it again!!!" laugh

#30515 - 06/19/03 01:30 PM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
These from the Guardian gave me a giggle especially "does my bum look big in this sarong?"

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,975214,00.html

#30516 - 06/20/03 02:30 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Miguelito Offline

Now I know what Posh means...

#30517 - 06/20/03 05:24 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Could you speak a little slower, my English is not very good?

¿Puede usted hablar un poco más lento mi inglés no es muy bueno?

And miguelito ... 'posh'? Go on then .... explique wink

(... giving MM a run for his money)

#30518 - 06/20/03 07:05 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Miguelito Offline

Posh = la pija, isn't it?
(At first I thought it was her name, he he)
I was asking myself if Guti wants to leave RM because he won't play so much or because he won't be the most fashion player anymore...

#30519 - 06/20/03 08:41 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
There's so much expectation with the Beckham affair... Personally, I think that, although he's a good player, he's more an icon, making more money because of his glamourous lifestyle that with his football. Give me Zidane, Figo, Raúl and Guti anytime. They're better players than him but Real Madrid is also interested in making money selling merchandise and that's the main reason Beckham is coming. Raúl is keeping the 7, why would he have to give it away?

Miguelito, you might be right, Guti could be upset because we won't be the most "super-disco-fashion" player anymore. laugh Anyway, I would like him to stay in Real Madrid.

BTW, The Guardian should have someone who speaks proper Spanish, in their joke (funny yes)they make not only grammar mistakes but also mix catalan with spanish.

#30520 - 06/20/03 10:22 AM Re: David Beckham to RealMadrid!
linguistar Offline

Loc: Canada
The latest on Beckham's opinion of the deal was posted in the Toronto Star today. Below is the article. Looks as if guapisimo Raúl will keep #7.

--------
Becks sorry for all the fuss
Transfer to Real a mess, star says

Insists he won't take Raul's jersey

David Beckham apologized to his new Real Madrid teammates yesterday for distractions caused by his 35 million euro ($55 million Canadian) transfer from Manchester United.

In his first public comments since the four-year deal was announced Tuesday, Beckham said in Tokyo he was unhappy over some aspects of the way the transfer deal was handled.

He reached out to Real Madrid's most popular player, Raul Gonzalez, saying he had no intention of taking his No. 7 shirt.

"Of course I think it could have been done a little bit differently," Beckham said of the transfer saga. "I think things went on that of course I wouldn't have been happy about."

Beckham declined to say what had upset him. But he later issued a statement saying it was the "timing" of the deal, noting the Spanish League isn't done.

"I want to apologize to the players because all this has not been sort of caused by me," he said. "I want to say that I didn't want it to detract from their last two games of the season, their fight to win the league. I didn't want anything to upset that."

Beckham paid tribute to Raul, the Spanish striker who leads a side that includes world stars Ronaldo, Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos and Zinedine Zidane.

"I heard all this that I wanted the No. 7 shirt," he said. "I'd never even think of taking this off Raul because for me he's the king of Real Madrid.

"I've not even discussed with Real Madrid what number I will get. I've not even said that I would want No. 7, because I wouldn't. I'm saying that now."

Once he gets to Spain July 1, Beckham said, he plans a proper farewell for his Man U fans.

"They've been a massive part of my life and to leave without saying anything wouldn't be right. I owe them a lot."

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments