Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30465 - 05/30/03 03:29 PM disco-pubs in salamanca
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
can anybody give me the name of any good pubs or discos in slamanaca

#30466 - 05/30/03 08:47 PM Re: disco-pubs in salamanca
Espe3 Offline

Wow, you don't make it hard or anything!
Can't give you particular names, I've only gone a couple of times visiting friends- but there are TONS of places in Salamanca to go- and all of them are pretty cool- every club or bar has its 'theme' which makes for tremendous variety and a cool environment.

To give an idea of the 'themes' there was a bar whose decoration consisted of miniature houses

Another bar who specialized only in shots and they have HUNDREDS to select from all with a unique name some with interesting ways to consume them.

Then there is a place called Camelot (only place I remembered the name to- partly because its an easy name) that was decorated like the middle ages...

Another place that was inside an exact replica of the Plaza mayor (indoors! pretty cool)

And yet another that used to be a convent and was converted into a dance club.

And many, many MANY more! :p Enjoy! Salamanca is a blast! (And that's only the nightlife!)

#30467 - 06/03/03 05:06 AM Re: disco-pubs in salamanca
kahana Offline

Loc: oahu, hawaii
Hola Edel,

When I stayed in Salamanca in 2001, Garamond was the place to go. It's right near the plaza and easy to find. Things don't get started until about 2:00 am. When you get change from the bar, the pesetas used to have a garamond sticker on them. really good keepsake. Not sure about the euros. If at all possible, met a native salamancan and have them take you to all the neat places. I was lucky enough to meet some guys from barcelona who went to the university. They took me around and experienced the true spanish night life.

Camelot is also good. The Irish Rover is good but mostly foreigners.

La Chupiteria is a MUST! Basically its where everyone goes to get drunk, very cheaply, before the discos. Its a local spot, but you will find yourself frequently returning. Try "La Chupa De La Casa". It's the house special. La Chupiteria is located to the south of the plaza, tucked in a little corner.

Well, now that you are well equipped for your night, don't forget the "churros con chocolate" after. It helps to ease the hang over.

Bien viaje!

#30468 - 06/03/03 03:56 PM Re: disco-pubs in salamanca
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Oh wow... you're lucky, Edel! Salamanca is so much fun!
Espe3 is talking about Cum Laude as the one with the Plaza Mayor replica. That's a fun dance place and is off the Plaza Mayor, if the clock is behind you, the far right exit. (Not remembering the street's name means I am due for a visit, 2 years away is way too long). The one with the little houses is La Posada de las Almas off C/Toro. I second the Garamond part too. And also there is La Cocina a litros bar, mostly natives, I can't remember the street for that one either, across from Hotel Ronda Alba. Big drinks that everyone sits on the ground outside to enjoy!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2310 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments