Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30402 - 05/16/03 02:37 PM Madrid:CASA DE SALMON?
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Does anyone know if this bar/restaurant still exists? I don't know if it is a chain or not...but it had some of the BEST smoked salmon I've ever had. It was NE of sol, but I can't remember the name of the street.

#30403 - 05/19/03 12:17 AM Re: Madrid:CASA DE SALMON?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm not sure about your place, but "La Trucha" on c/Nunez de Arce has some pretty tasty smoked salmon, also some of the best fried calamares I have ever had. I have had the assorted canapes several times (caviar, smoked salmon, smoked trout, anchovies). Always good!

I have also noticed a Norwegian salmon place just west of Pta del Sol on c/Arenal. I've never been there though.

#30404 - 05/19/03 09:23 AM Re: Madrid:CASA DE SALMON?
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Thanks Mongo! I don't know how I have missed out on La Trucha in my 4 previous visits to Madrid, (because we usually stay at Hotel Inglés right around the corner) but this time it will be one of my first stops! So many good places to eat in that neighborhood I am usually full pretty early in the night. I think the norwegian place you mentioned is the same salmon place I am talking about. Maybe I have the name wrong. I will check into it on my trip, and give a full review when I return.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments