Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30185 - 03/14/03 11:52 PM Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
timandmaria2 Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, California
My family and I will be in Madrid during September 10-14 and Malaga through September 14-21, and I would like to go to a restaurant that may offer Flamenco shows. Does anyone know of any? Also, I'm vegetarian and what would you reccommend?

Thanks

#30186 - 03/15/03 06:29 AM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sorry, I don't know much about vegetarian dining. A cousin and I dined at a vegetarian restaurant in Barcelona last Summer and it was quite crowded. A niece of my wife's ordered a vegetarian pizza at el Pato Mudo restaurant in the Hotel Diana (Barajas).

As for Flamenco: There's a Restaurant in Madrid's Parque de Retiro (just inside the O'Donnell street park entrance). It's called Florida Park. The show is more folkloric than just Flamenco but a part of it will be the more classical Sevillanas. I like it because it also features Jotas Aragonesas which I consider more the national dance of Spain than Flamenco. rolleyes

#30187 - 03/15/03 12:55 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
timandmaria2 Offline

Thank you Eddie!!!

I look forward to visiting Parque de Retiro in Madrid with my family. I enjoy the art of dance and I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Saludos

#30188 - 03/15/03 09:17 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Casa Patas has a decent show for about 25€ a person in Madrid. I did it last summer with two kids.

I have just returned from 3 weeks in Spain. I spent two weeks at a language school in the city of Málaga and there is lots to do in Málaga. I stumbled across a flamenco show at the Teatro Cervantes one night and it was spectacular. You should check the theater when you get in that area to see what is showing while you are there.

If you go to the theater, the seats in the first 11 rows of the theater are at a level below the stage. I recommend row 12 and back if you sit on the floor. It is a beautiful theater!!!!

#30189 - 03/15/03 09:55 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
We really enjoyed the flamenco show at the Café de Chinitas in Madrid. We have seen the show twice and it is great. The location is very near to the Hotel Opera --two blocks from the Tryp Ambassador Hotel . There is a dinner show, but we have gone to the show that starts at 10:00 P.M. The price is about $30.00, and includes one drink. The show is about 2 1/2 hours and the dance company is great. I think you will love it!

#30190 - 03/16/03 05:01 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Casa patas and chinitas are heavy weights in Madrid´s Flamenco scene. You also should have into account El Corral de la Pacheca: http://www.corraldelamoreria.com/

Regards,
Andrés

#30191 - 03/16/03 07:48 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
timandmaria2 Offline

I appreciate everyone's input with restaurant's that host flamenco shows, this is great!!!!! Now, my family and I have a variety to choose from. cool information about the Tapas Wine tour. My father loves wine and a tour would be a added plus. I could not ask for more. Thanks a million!!!

#30192 - 03/16/03 09:46 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Andrés, Thanks SO MUCH for the web-link to Corral de la Morería !!! They're NEW to the internet, no?? And what a great location they have! I can walk there from the house of my ladyfriend in Madrid! Can't wait. I think I have to visit them during my time there next month. Mmmmm... laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30193 - 03/17/03 09:59 AM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi there,

Andrés , let's not confuse the Corral de la Pacheca in Madrid, www.corraldelapacheca.com (it's sort of a legendary place, but I would not recommend it now since it's pricey, touristy, a little out of the way from the historic centre and run by “not-so-legit-people” eek ) with the Corral de la Morería, which is a good choice. Casa Patas and Café de Chinitas are also excellent choices for the authentic thing smile . And I can also recommend Las Carboneras , in Plaza Conde de Miranda 1, tel: 915428677, closed on Sundays, average price €35; and Torres Bermejas, in Mesonero Romanos 11, tel: 915233322, average price €63.

As for vegetarian eateries, my two favourites in Madrid are the same ones I recently recommended for “most romantic restaurants” rolleyes , that is: www.casaescondida.net , and La Isla del Tesoro, in Manuel Malasaña 3, tel: 915931440; however there are many more….¡Qué aproveche!//Bon appétit Maria!

#30194 - 03/24/03 04:10 PM Re: Madrid/Málaga Restaurant with a Flamenco show?
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I hate to inject a discordant note, but as a former professional flamenco performer, I would say that Casa Patas in Madrid MIGHT have the real thing, on a rare, good night. Usually it has a tourist- level show. mad For the only truly authentic flamenco performed by <<real afecciónados del flamenco>> go to what used to be <<La Solea>> now --- errg, help me out MadridMan, what is its new name? Well, I will research it. I posted the information in another thread some time ago. Try to go on a Thursday night, and get there before 11 or you won't be able to get in. By the way no less an expert than the late, great, Juan Alvarez, the luthier, gave me this advice! Also if you see anyplace with Curro de Jerez playing, you might want to check it out. Sometimes he plays for tourist shows, but he always warns me to stay away. Just a warning! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments