Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30079 - 02/05/03 06:14 PM What to do with kids in Madrid????
viequense Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I need ideas of fun things to do with kids while in Madrid (aside from the obvious). Fun parks? Interesting things kids would like? HELP...they get bored so easily sometimes! I have a boy who is 12 and a girl who is 9.

Thanks for all your help, you guys are great!

Julia

#30080 - 02/06/03 09:29 AM Re: What to do with kids in Madrid????
Miguelito Offline

look here http://www.madridman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000686

Maybe a walk on Retiro Park in the weekend can be funny, there are lot of street artists, muppet shows.... there's a trains museum, war museum...
you should have a look at the guia del ocio to see if there's any other show for children.

#30081 - 02/06/03 05:02 PM Re: What to do with kids in Madrid????
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
you can go to :Faro de la Moncloa(general view of
Madrid from 100 metres height.

Planetarium of Madrid
Imax (3-D films
Royal botanical garden
Faunia (biological park with 8 eco systems)
Zoo and acuarium with dolphin shows
Safari park
Parque de Atracciones
Wax museum
Real Madrid museum
Cable cars to Casa de Campo park
ABP

#30082 - 02/07/06 12:08 PM Re: What to do with kids in Madrid????
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Today my visiting sister and 4.75-year old nephew rented a rowboat to row around El Estanque (lake) in Retiro Park. HE LOVED IT!! I rowed us off the launch until we reached the steps leading down into the water and my nephew was thrilled to see the 4 lion statues and water spouting fish. Then my nephew took over and, of course, he tended to row us around in circles but he had fun - definitely the highlight of HIS visit (FAR better for him than looking at all those paintings in the Prado Museum shortly before). My sister, an onetime crew (rowing) champion in college, expertly rowed us in a straight line back to the dock.

The cost is 4.25 Euros for a 45 minute rental. We went around the lake, hitting (almost literally) all four corners of the lake in about 35 minutes, all taking turns rowing. What fun! I'd always wanted to do that. The oars seemed to be about 100 years old and the boats not much younger but were in excellent condition, brightly painted, and very stable, flat-bottom rowboats. And what a perfect, springlike day too. It was cool, perfectly clear sky, no wind at all.

I told my nephew I'd take hime to the aforementioned (above, in the previous posting) to the Zoo and he was thrilled with the possibility.

After the boating he had fun throwing bread to the pigeons and chasing them away.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30083 - 02/21/06 12:05 PM Re: What to do with kids in Madrid????
Alun John Offline

Loc: Wales
Hi Julia

Have you thought of possibly taking them out to one of Madrid's ski resorts? There is plenty of snow there now and more to come apparently. Take a look at the Valdesqui site or the Sierra Norte site.
Alternatively, get a train to Cercedilla and go on a walk where there should be some snow. Another idea is to go to Xanadu (an indoor ski centre), where they can also ski and have some fun.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments