Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29939 - 12/23/02 07:20 AM Barcelona Food?
Shazz Offline

Loc: Philadelphia/PA USA
Were here and there´s no good food! Everything is soaked in oil and tons of cholestral. ANd meat everyday is no good for your digestion. Where do we go for some healthy food? Thats not so expensive?

#29940 - 12/23/02 09:36 AM Re: Barcelona Food?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
There's a great Vegetarian restaurant in Barcelona called Fresco. Sorry, I can't give you the exact location. A relative took me there. We were there at 1:00 PM on a Sunday. By the time we were finished, there was a line of people queued up outside the door, waiting to get in. rolleyes

#29941 - 12/23/02 09:53 AM Re: Barcelona Food?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
With all due respect: All the spanish food is usually soaked with oil... but olive oil, which is in fact good for your cholestral. Also, the variety in the kind of meat recipes is incredible in Catalonia in general.

Perhaps you don't like this kind of food, but don't think it is bad for your health wink Try restaurants in which you can alternate vegetables with meat and fish.

Fernando

#29942 - 12/23/02 03:12 PM Re: Barcelona Food?
Shazz Offline

Thanx Eddie for the quick response. I´ll look up the address. We found a couple of fast food places that are cheap and oil free! Any ideas for the 2 dead days of 25, 26th?

#29943 - 12/23/02 06:46 PM Re: Barcelona Food?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I was taken to a place in the Barrio Gotico en July that was vegetarian. It was called "Sin Bestia" and although we didn't eat there - It was too crowded! It looked really good, and the fact that it was crowded is a good sign, so ask someone if they know where it is!

Good luck.

#29944 - 12/24/02 05:34 AM Re: Barcelona Food?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Shazz writes
Quote:
... Any ideas for the 2 dead days of 25, 26th?...
Christmas Mass in the Cathedral?? If you haven't made it to Parc Guell, it might be nice there on Christmas day.

#29945 - 12/24/02 12:48 PM Re: Barcelona Food?
Shazz Offline

I found an art supply store here on the Gran Via. and i purchase a watercolor kit with paper and clip board. It ran me 77Euro. But it was a good deal. So thats what i´ll be doing for the dead days. We also will see the Erotic Museum. Should be fun. We saw the Gaudi CAsa Batillo and it was amazing. We also saw the Picasso Museum and it wasn´t as amazing, although I never saw so much of his early work! He´s God!
Addios

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments