Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29829 - 11/21/02 06:15 PM Mahou Beer
Mahouman2 Offline

Having lived in Spain for 3 years in the mid 80's ,I acquired the taste for Mahou. Anyone willing to send me 12 or 24 of them . Also I drank Espledido ,Brandy I believe.

#29830 - 11/21/02 08:06 PM Re: Mahou Beer
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
MMmmmmm... Mahou Beer .... Yummm.. :p Love it! You'd probably have to pay someone QUITE a bit to lug 20 pounds worth of beer home ON the plane with them. hehehe.. Someone might be willing to bring ONE CAN back with them and mail it to you though.. Hmmm.. Beer in the mail.... confused Sounds like a foamy, explosive situation. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29831 - 11/22/02 06:45 AM Re: Mahou Beer
Tia Offline

I can´t describe how disappointed my son was when I brought him ONE can of Mahou from Barcelona -just for fun and for him to taste because he had never done it before. He had only heard my words of praise upon this drink of the gods.
I´ll never make the same mistake again. Tia wink

#29832 - 11/22/02 07:03 AM Re: Mahou Beer
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tia, sorry to hear about your son's reaction. Maybe he's used to Budweiser?? BLECH!!! :p Not sure if you live in the USA or elsewhere but ones "home-beer" tastebuds are usually AWAKENED when tasting the beers of Spain because they actually have flavor! It's not Coca-Cola, that's for sure. wink

Counting the days 'til my next Mahou, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29833 - 11/22/02 07:17 AM Re: Mahou Beer
Tia Offline

MM,
Nooo, I didn´t make myself clear - must be because of my scandinavian inheritance. wink
The problem was the amount of the cans!!! Next time I´ll have to drag about hundreds of them with me. laugh

#29834 - 11/22/02 10:50 AM Re: Mahou Beer
Espe3 Offline

Nooooo! Tell him next time to go with! smile
My sister and I used to do the same, but with Fanta Limon... until it just got too heavy and akward to bring with us! :p

#29835 - 11/25/02 10:11 PM Re: Mahou Beer
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Can't tell you where to find Mahou in the U.S., but I did find Estrella (from Galicia) at Beverages and More, here in So.Cal, yesterday!! smile

#29836 - 12/10/02 09:17 AM Re: Mahou Beer
Tadd45 Offline

Loc: Boston Ma. USA.
MM,

When are you going back to Madrid?>

#29837 - 12/10/02 03:29 PM Re: Mahou Beer
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tadd45, I won't be returning to Spain until the end of March but will/should/hope-to be there for 3-weeks. (LOOK OUT for the next "Party With MadridMan in Madrid"!!!)

laduque wrote:
Quote:
but I did find Estrella (from Galicia) at Beverages and More, here in So.Cal, yesterday!!
HEY!! Two weekends ago I too found Estrella Galicia at my local latino store. I was SHOCKED and surprised and downright thrilled so I bought two 6-packs in bottles. That first one, and subsequent others (not finished yet though - I'm savoring them), are SO delightful. I had my first Estrella Galicia at a beachside café of Combados (I think - in the old section of the city where there are dozens and dozens of horréos) just as the moon rose. Mmmm... Spanish Beeeeeer.. :p

THRILLED to have Spanish Beer in Ohio, MadridMan

#29838 - 12/10/02 03:40 PM Re: Mahou Beer
Tadd45 Offline

Loc: Boston Ma. USA.
I will be looking out for the Next party, last year I had already planned a trip in June, tried to rebook to party w/ MadridMan, but was too expensive.. Keep me updated... > smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1567 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments