Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29817 - 11/20/02 05:28 PM Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
Sr. Frente,

I saw on the nicknames thread that you attend Malaga CF games every week! I am trying desperately to find a guaranteed way to buy tix to the Malaga vs. Real Madrid game on Dec. 22.

We're flying into Malaga on Dec 21 and staying in Nerja until Dec. 24. It would be the height of my soccer viewing life to be able to see these two teams play. (Of course, I am also secretly nursing the fantasy that I, yes I, will be the one called out of the stands to play striker for Malaga when their entire bench is stricken with flu at the last minute...but I digress). rolleyes

So - just how the heck can I get 3 tickets to the game when they won't let you reserve tix very far in advance?!?! confused

Feel free to send a private message if you think this won't be of interest to many...

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

#29818 - 11/21/02 11:53 AM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Howdy Tex! I just composed a long reply detailing everything ........ then my pc froze and you can't retrieve the draft replies from the history as I have just found out!! frown

I have no time at all now, but rest assured I will respond fully within the next day or so. smile

#29819 - 11/21/02 04:32 PM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
AmbassadorTex Offline

In the words of Charlie Brown:
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaARRRRRRRGgghhhhhhhhhhhhh! mad

Thanks for the effort. I'll look forward to your encore reply. As long as I get into that game, I don't care that even the computer gods are against me...

#29820 - 11/25/02 11:47 AM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hi Tex. Okay, I've got a few minutes so let's see if I can help. This is of course assuming that you are a Malaga supporter and it's purely coincidence that the other team is Real Madrid, right? wink

Buying a ticket for any Malaga game is not an easy operation. They don't sell them through the internet nor over the phone. The only way to get one is to go to the stadium, although they also used to sell them at El Corte Ingles, a large store in Malaga city, but I'm not sure about that these days.

So it's straightforward up to now, but this is where the fun starts because you are arriving on Dec 21st. Even though the match is scheduled for Sunday 22nd, it may be brought forward to the Saturday for a variety of reasons. The problem is that we won't know until ten days before the game or less. confused

Assuming the date's ok, then you have to take into account that Malaga's stadium is being remodelled and currently only holds about 27,000 fans. There are nearly 17,000 season ticket holders (Those of us who have paid for our seats for the whole season in advance). That leaves roughly 10,000 tickets to go on general sale.

I don't think it will sell out quite frankly. Normally there's hardly a seat to be had at these games, but lately whenever there is an important match the owners of the club have the view that they will get more money in if they raise the prices to a high level, but the reverse happens because a lot less people are buying the tickets! The same way of thinking is applied here to golf courses, some restaurants etc. If they aren't getting as many people through the doors, they put the prices up to make up the difference and of course then more people stay away! Stupid mentality! Anyway, I digress....

There is an important game for us this week when Malaga take on Leeds United from England in the 3rd Round of a European competition. The cheapest seat for this one if you are not a season ticket holder is 40 Euros and the dearest 100 Euros. I am guessing that these prices will be the same when Madrid and Barça come here, so be prepared to shell out high prices for a ticket. frown

So to sum up.... We won't know the exact date until around the 12th December. Prices for tickets will be high and the only way to get them will be from the ground itself, when they will go on sale four or five days before the game.

I hope this helps. In my view, I would think that you will be able to get your tickets on the day of the game, especially with it being the last one before Christmas. If you e-mail me nearer the date I will make enquiries at the ticket office to find out the hours they will be open that week. I'll meet you for the traditional pre-match San Miguels and fill you in on all the latest footie gossip. laugh

#29821 - 11/26/02 11:19 AM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
AmbassadorTex Offline

Yes - I know all about the importance of the UEFA Cup tourn. to Malaga. I'd say things look good for them b/c Leeds has serious negative momentum (they lost to BOLTON for God's sake!!).

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing MALAGA play - not just Real Madrid. Don't get me wrong, I got into Spanish football (and UEFA Champ. LEague) b/c of the huge PR machine of Real...but I like Malaga's style and think they're fighting their way into a great period of challenging the big dogs. (thanks to Dely Valdes, Silva, etc)

A friend in Salamanca says he might be able to get tix through Real Madrid's organization. Does this sound like a good option? or will I get stuck with higher prices and bad seats?

#29822 - 11/26/02 12:39 PM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Good for you Tex! You know your stuff! I don't know what to suggest about getting your tickets from the Real Madrid source. There aren't really any bad seats at the ground. I go behind the goal and I pay just 200 Euros a year for 19 games including the Real Madrid and Barcelona matches, which is 10 Euros something per game. I like it there as you see all the goalmouth action and the atmosphere is better too.

However, it's hard to predict what the price will be for the Madrid section, although it must be said they are not the best supported side away from home in terms of numbers but I suppose they may be put in one of the corners at around 50 Euros, but I'm guessing. Leave it nearer the date and see what your contact in Salamanca can do and I'll find out the prices etc for Malaga supporters.

Incidentally, if you want to hear the commentary in English, one of our local radio stations broadcasts live form the ground. Its www.spectrumfm.net and this week the cup match with Leeds starts at 22.00 Spanish time on Thursday. Fingers crossed!

#29823 - 12/10/02 04:40 PM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
AmbassadorTex Offline

Alrighty...game time approaches for Malaga v. Real Madrid! laugh laugh
I leave for Espa~na next Friday!!!!

A.F. : Any news yet on whether the game was switched to Saturday? Any leads on ticket availability in Malaga? I'm assuming they did raise the price...

Anyone else planning to attend this game next weekend (12/21 or 12/22) in Malaga?

#29824 - 12/12/02 10:16 AM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I know a tem you could get tickets for, F.C. Sevilla. I saw the Real Sociedad vs F.C. Sevilla game last saturday. Real sociedad kicked butt. Real Betis is better. It is very hard to get tickets to real Madrid games.

#29825 - 12/12/02 12:08 PM Re: Anchovy Front!(futbol fans)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Just got back from England (bloody hell it's cold there right now! eek )

Found out that the Madrid game kicks off at 8pm on the Saturday night, 21st Dec. Don't know price of tickets yet. Send me a message when you're here, Tex. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments