Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29807 - 11/17/02 02:18 PM Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
Jeorge Offline

Loc: Georgia (USA)
OK folks, I'm a true paella junkie. Step up to the plate (pun intended) and tell me where is the best paella deal in central Madrid.

#29808 - 11/17/02 02:32 PM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You'll find these previously posted threads to be helpful but hopefully someone has some fresh ideas as well:

Madrid:Paella restaurants and nut allergies & Great Paella (Madrid) .

I think I've only had paella for lunch once in Madrid... well, once FOR lunch and once as a free tapa that came with a beer at the counter of a bar. The lunch paella was part of the Menú del Día which, normally, is Thrusday (and sometimes Sunday) in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29809 - 11/17/02 08:08 PM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
Espe3 Offline

Actually, the Menu del Dia is usually everyday. Maybe the particular place you went to did Paella every Wednesday for their Menu del Dia?!

The best place (for paella) is at my mom's house! :p jeej! I'm NOT kidding either!

#29810 - 11/17/02 10:14 PM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehee.. Sorry Espe3. Guess I didn't make myself very clear. Thanks for calling me on it. Yes, the Menú del Día IS everyday (Monday-Friday) but I think paella is sold throughout Madrid on the different restaurant's Menú del Día mainly on Thrusday and Sunday and not on other days of the week. Sure, they'll have it on their menu as a lunch item but you wouldn't get it as part of the bargain "Menú del Día".

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29811 - 11/18/02 05:37 AM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Jeorge writes:
Quote:
OK folks, ... tell me where is the best paella deal in central Madrid.
"paella deal?" Does that mean best 'Euro value paella;' or are you looking for the best Paella? It's not in Central Madrid, but the best I have found in the area is at el Pato Mudo restaurant at the Tryp Diana near Barajas airport. The Chef is from Valencia.

#29812 - 11/19/02 06:47 AM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Eddie is right. I´ve eaten in that restaurant, but it´s far from downtown Madrid. In fact, the best place to eat paella is "La Paella Real" in front ot "El Teatro REal" in Plaza de la Opera. laugh

But yes, at almost any restaurant you can eat an acceptable paella on Thursdays. That will cost you around 8-10 euros with the drinks and the coffe. At "La Paella REal" you can eat different styles of paella, including black calamary rice.

#29813 - 11/19/02 09:16 AM Re: Madrid:Ultimate Paella ?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
The best deal in terms of quality and cost is clearly the Campagneria Gala at 22 Calle Moratin.

Buen provecho

Lee

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2705 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments