Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Polvorones...nuff said

#29723 - 11/02/02 05:05 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Marisa:
Another holiday dessert is Roscon de Reyes and, as its name suggests, it is a once-a-year treat. As I recall, it's similar to Tarta de Santiago.

I think the restaurant you may be referring to is Las Cuevas de Luis Candelas which you can enter halfway down the steps of the Arco de Cuchilleros entry/exit of Plaza Mayór. Casa Botín is a few doors away. You were very fortunate to have seen the Tuna Universitaria there.

#29724 - 11/02/02 05:58 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
PIM - chico and I are anxiously awaiting the invite to taste your creamy torrijas! Perhaps in the meantime we´ll invite you and yours to come up to our pueblo and try out some Filipino cuisine! wink

Chrissiij - yes, arroz con leche is a bit like the British rice pudding...I suppose. However, when I make it, I make it on the stove (cooker as you Brits say! wink ) not the oven and add cinnamon and lemon peel!

#29725 - 11/02/02 06:45 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Becky....acepto! laugh and I'll bring torrijas!!! wink

And NOBODY makes 'melocotón con vino' like my 'abuela' used to make it!!!

I love a pie they sell in many pastry shops, but I'm not sure it's Spanish, we call it a 'pastel ruso' or just a 'ruso'(Russian), it's light and delicious!

Yep, the famous 'postre de la casa', it's not very creative rolleyes ....but it should include everything: 1 flan, some ice-cream(vanilla is nice!), peach and pineapple in 'almibar', whipped cream....

#29726 - 11/02/02 07:32 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
. Tarta de Santiago is my absolute favorite!! The Penelope Casas' recipe is really quite good and every time I make it I get loads of compliments.
Espe3 smile , I would LOVE your mom's recipe for Churros...I have tried and tried and never succeeded to get it right! I have the churrera I just don't have the knack!

#29727 - 11/04/02 06:47 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Miguelito Offline

Hi, pim, I haven't tasted melocoton al vino, but my favourite dessert is probably peras al vino on a base of natillas, deliciouss.
I also love torrijas.

#29728 - 11/04/02 10:25 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
hey PIM....I think Miguelito is trying to scam an inivitation to our little party... or simply is looking for a way to try your torrijas!! wink

Dance Miguelito! Dance! Jo, where´s the pic??!! laugh

#29729 - 11/04/02 11:00 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Esperanza writes:
Quote:
Espe3 , I would LOVE your mom's recipe for Churros...I have tried and tried and never succeeded to get it right! I have the churrera I just don't have the knack!
How big/heavy is your Churrera? If it's a reasonable size, I think that's what I'll bring back next time I go to Spain. I'll carry a folded up duffle bag - will it fit??
BTW
My last 2-trips I brought hot chocolate mix called Paladin. In July I brought back 3-cans. My granddaughters don't take too long to go thru that.

#29730 - 09/12/05 08:07 PM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Julia0912 Offline

I need help. For a school project I have to make food from countries in Spain. My two countries are Aragon and Navarra. If anyone knows any food i could make that wouldn't be too hard, maybe like a desert, let me know!

#29731 - 09/12/05 10:23 PM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
torrija... yum.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments