Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Polvorones...nuff said

#29723 - 11/02/02 05:05 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Marisa:
Another holiday dessert is Roscon de Reyes and, as its name suggests, it is a once-a-year treat. As I recall, it's similar to Tarta de Santiago.

I think the restaurant you may be referring to is Las Cuevas de Luis Candelas which you can enter halfway down the steps of the Arco de Cuchilleros entry/exit of Plaza Mayór. Casa Botín is a few doors away. You were very fortunate to have seen the Tuna Universitaria there.

#29724 - 11/02/02 05:58 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
PIM - chico and I are anxiously awaiting the invite to taste your creamy torrijas! Perhaps in the meantime we´ll invite you and yours to come up to our pueblo and try out some Filipino cuisine! wink

Chrissiij - yes, arroz con leche is a bit like the British rice pudding...I suppose. However, when I make it, I make it on the stove (cooker as you Brits say! wink ) not the oven and add cinnamon and lemon peel!

#29725 - 11/02/02 06:45 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Becky....acepto! laugh and I'll bring torrijas!!! wink

And NOBODY makes 'melocotón con vino' like my 'abuela' used to make it!!!

I love a pie they sell in many pastry shops, but I'm not sure it's Spanish, we call it a 'pastel ruso' or just a 'ruso'(Russian), it's light and delicious!

Yep, the famous 'postre de la casa', it's not very creative rolleyes ....but it should include everything: 1 flan, some ice-cream(vanilla is nice!), peach and pineapple in 'almibar', whipped cream....

#29726 - 11/02/02 07:32 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
. Tarta de Santiago is my absolute favorite!! The Penelope Casas' recipe is really quite good and every time I make it I get loads of compliments.
Espe3 smile , I would LOVE your mom's recipe for Churros...I have tried and tried and never succeeded to get it right! I have the churrera I just don't have the knack!

#29727 - 11/04/02 06:47 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Miguelito Offline

Hi, pim, I haven't tasted melocoton al vino, but my favourite dessert is probably peras al vino on a base of natillas, deliciouss.
I also love torrijas.

#29728 - 11/04/02 10:25 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
hey PIM....I think Miguelito is trying to scam an inivitation to our little party... or simply is looking for a way to try your torrijas!! wink

Dance Miguelito! Dance! Jo, where´s the pic??!! laugh

#29729 - 11/04/02 11:00 AM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Esperanza writes:
Quote:
Espe3 , I would LOVE your mom's recipe for Churros...I have tried and tried and never succeeded to get it right! I have the churrera I just don't have the knack!
How big/heavy is your Churrera? If it's a reasonable size, I think that's what I'll bring back next time I go to Spain. I'll carry a folded up duffle bag - will it fit??
BTW
My last 2-trips I brought hot chocolate mix called Paladin. In July I brought back 3-cans. My granddaughters don't take too long to go thru that.

#29730 - 09/12/05 08:07 PM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
Julia0912 Offline

I need help. For a school project I have to make food from countries in Spain. My two countries are Aragon and Navarra. If anyone knows any food i could make that wouldn't be too hard, maybe like a desert, let me know!

#29731 - 09/12/05 10:23 PM Re: favorite desserts in Spain
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
torrija... yum.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments